Liberation

Nathan Thorn
August 25, 1944
Paris, France

I can't believe we're gonna liberate Paris, and I have such a huge roll in this. Vivian wants me to dress up like a Nazi officer with her and Crowley to infiltrate the garrison.

The French 2nd Armored Division and the US 4th Infantry arrived at dawn. That means we move tonight.

It's been a few days since we took out that train. Our platoon's been working with the Resistance in Paris for days. We're making a plan to sabotage the occupation. That means striking at it's heart.

Crowley: Using the documents we obtained from the train Nathan, Vivian and I will pose as Nazi officers to infiltrate the Garrison.

Pierson: Why take one of our guys in?

Crowley glances at me and I shake my head discreetly. I'd rather they not know I speak Kraut. It's just a hunch that it'll only make Pierson trust me less.

Vivian: We need the extra muscle.

I smile at her but I see Rousseau glare daggers at me. She glares for another moment until speaking up.

Rousseau: This way, gentleman.

She leads us outside and onto the rooftop.

Rousseau: The Garrison is run by SS-Und Polizeiführer Heinrich. When he couldn't find me, he came for my parents. Then my husband... And finally my son..

Her expression turns to grief and sadness fora few moments before changing back to confidence.

Rousseau: Tonight everything we've lost, everything we've fought for, will mean something. Tonight we take back our city.

Crowley points out to the large building a few blocks away.

Crowley: The Garrison. Our contact there will supply us with explosives. And when we blow the gates, that'll be your signal to approach.

Rousseau: We're counting on you.

She says to everyone but glares at me. It's silent for a few moments until Turner breaks it.

Turner: All right, let's get ready, boys.

I turn back with Zussman and Daniels.

Zussman: These Krauts ain't gonna give up so easy.

Nathan: If we can survive Pierson, I figure we can survive anything.

Crowley touches he shoulder, stopping me.

Crowley: I fought alongside him at Kasserine. We should all be so brave.

He leaves with Zussman and Daniels, leaving me with Rousseau.

Nathan: This ain't gonna be easy.

Rousseau: I am sure you Americans will be able to handle it.

She says rolling her eyes slightly.

Rousseau: But first we enter the wolves den.

-----------
Vivian Harris
August 25, 1944

Nathan: I look like a damn Kraut.

Vivian: I think that's the point.

I say jokingly. I help Nathan put on the Nazi uniform and I can tell he's rather be wearing anything else.

Nathan: I already feel like I'm gonna regret this.

I hold his shoulder gently.

Vivian: Don't.