Letters #2

London, England                                      10/26/44

Dear Nate,

       This is one of the hardest letters to write you. I simply don't have the words to describe how sorry I am for you. No one should have to go through this. This war has taken so much for people. It's taken so much from you.

I thought when Paris was liberated, the war would be over soon. It doesn't feel that way, not anymore. The Germans just won't give up even though we both know they can see the writing on the wall.

That little girl, Anna, shows the hardships of war. I've never been in a situation like you were in but God, I hope I never have to. It's hard just hearing about it. God knows what this is doing to you.

I remember how you told me you lost everything back home in America. How everything you've gone through, there were very few bright spots. Seeing Anna reunited only for her to be taken away, God, I'm sorry Nate. I am so sorry.

I miss you so much, Nate. I miss having you hold me and vise versa. I wish we could go back to those nights in Paris, not leave the bedroom till noon. I wish we never left.

Please, be safe Nate. I need you.

Come back to me when the war is won.

Forever yours,

Vivian Harris