Love In The City Of Lights

Nathan Thorn
August 25, 1944
Paris, France

(SMUT WARNING.)

Vivian's lips are unbelievably soft. I've never felt this way before in my entire life. Never have I felt this way for someone else.

She eventually parts for air but a happy smile remains plastered on her lips. I hear cheers beside me and I turn to see Zussman and Daniels, along with Aiello and Stiles clapping and cheering.

I even see Pierson chuckle a bit. I shake my head and laugh a bit, feeling slightly embarrassed at the situation. Vivian just buries her face in my chest, cheeks flushed just like mine.

I look around at all the happy faces but I notice that one in particular is still somewhat sour. Rousseau. I lift up Vivian's chin, making her look up at me.

Nathan: I need to talk to her. Apologize.

She nods.

Vivian: I understand.

She leans a bit closer and whispers in my ear.

Nathan: Don't make me wait too long, cowboy.

She says with a seductive tone and I grin, connecting my lips with hers again for a moment.

Nathan: I wouldn't dream of it.

She shoves me playfully and I chuckle, walking to go find Rousseau. I find her sitting on a crate of supplies all by her lonesome. She looks up at me and narrows her eye, scoffing a bit.

Rousseau: What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be celebrating?

Nathan: I could ask you the same things.

I say, sitting on a crate across from her. She sighs heavily and looks back at me.

Rousseau: I don't wish to talk with you.

Nathan: I know you don't want to talk to me. This mission was ment to be your's, I get that.

I sigh a bit.

Nathan: But look around you-

I motion with my hand all around us. Resistance fighters cheer out in celebration, some crying with joy, and others start drinking French wine taken from the garrison.

Nathan: They fought so hard for this. You fought so hard for this.

I put emphasis on the word 'you'. She doesn't say anything as she continues looking at the ground, ignoring me.

Nathan: I know why you wanted the mission.

Rousseau: And why is that?

She spits.

Nathan: Heinrich.

Her posture tenses and she's visibly angry.

Nathan: Losing parents is hard. Losing your loved one is hard and your son... God, it must be the hardest damn thing in the world to go through... To live with that everyday.

Silent tears trickle down her cheeks.

Nathan: But justice makes their death's not in vain.

She raises a brow.

Nathan: He's still alive.

Her eyes widen at that.

Nathan: He's in his office on the third floor. I tied him up, knocked him out cold. I did it for you.

Without a word, she crashes into my chest, wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

Rousseau: I-I don't know what to say...