13

Kenya's POV
The next day: Sunday
10:45am

I laid on Jhaniya's chest while she slept

I laid on Jhaniya's chest while she slept. The doctors told me not to but fuck them. Jhyia left to get us some food.

Her mom is sitting in a chair sleep.

The doctors said she may have had a panic attack. So I feel a whole lot better than I did. I thought she attempted again.

Jhaniya started groaning but didn't wake up. "She waking up?" Her mom asked. Coulda just sworn she was sleep.

"I think she's trying" I said. The door opened and in walked Jhyia with some bojangles. I turned my face up and she laughed.

"Chill I just gotchu fries. It was the closest place anyway." She said passing out the food.

I don't like bojangles. The only thing I eat from there is the fries.

We ate our food in silence. I sat up on Jhaniya's stomach and started waving a fry in her face.

"Can you wake up please" I said.

"That ain't gon work" Jhyia said laughing a little.

"I seen it in a movie so it will" I waved it a little while longer and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Boom bow that's how you fix that" I said to Jhyia.

"That's just a coincidence" she said. I smacked my lips.

The machine started beeping rapidly so I turned back to Jhaniya. She was breathing heavy and her eyes kept moving back and forth. She was having another panic attack.

Doctors came rushing in so I got off the bed. They tried to get her to calm down but nothing was working. Plus it all looked overwhelming.

Doctors just surronded her. They just kept saying "you have to breathe Jhaniya" I got tired of watching so I climbed back on the bed.

I put my hands on her face and took a breath. I moved my face very close to hers.

"Breathe baby breathe" I whispered to Jhaniya. She stared up at me still gasping for air.

"You have to move so we can get her stable" a doctor said but I didn't budge.

"Jhaniya breathe. Calm down. Breathe with me" I said taking deep breath's. Tears started rolling down her face.

"Deep breathes" I said. She closed her eyes and I placed my forehead on hers. She started relaxing. And I felt her chest rise and slowly fall.

She was taking deep breath's. The machine slowly stopped beeping until she was fully relaxed. And her heart rate slowed.

I sat up and mugged the doctors then turned back to Jhaniya.

"Good job baby"  I said smiling at her and rubbing my thumb over her cheek.