🖤💖Nightmare- Huening Kai

Kai thrashed around in bed, his body covered in a layer of sweat, his face crumpled in a painful expression. He cried out in his sleep, inaudible words escaping his lips.

Yeonjun was walking back to his room after using the bathroom when he heard labored breathing from kai's room. he rushed to the door pressing his ear to the wood.

"Kai? Hey, are you okay in there?"

He received no answer and opened the door now worried for the maknae. He swung the door open and saw the youngest in evident distress while still asleep. He rushed to his bed sitting next to him placing his hand on his head running his hand through his sweaty blonde hair.

"Kai? Kai, can you hear me? it's Yeonjun can you wake up for me?" he spoke calmly even though he was freaking out inside. When kai still didn't wake up, he placed his hand under kai's back and lifted him upright holding onto him so he wouldn't fall back down.

Kai was gripping Yeonjun unconsciously, his nails digging into Yeonjun's shoulders as he begged for help.

"pl...please...don't"

"Hyuka? Baby, please open your eyes for me." yeonjun said in kai's ear.

Kai mumbled something in Chinese before he gripped Yeonjun's shoulders extremely tight, his nails breaking the skin of his bare skin.

Yeonjun hissed in slight pain but ignored it to focus on the younger.

"No! no please!! Stop..." kai screamed tears slipping out of his squeezed shut eyes.

Yeonjun didn't want to yell at the younger, but he needed to wake him up. he gripped kai's body tightly.

"Kai! Kai wake up! come on, open your eyes." He said loudly giving kai's body a gentle shake.

Kai's eyes shot open, them big as saucers. He whipped his head around in all directions his breath panicky.

"Hey, hey, hey, Hyuka, calm down, you're home, you're in your room with me, okay? Look at me Hyuka." Yeonjun softly grabbed Kai's chin and lifted his face to look at him. He had pure fear in his eyes his body trembling, his skin pale and sweaty.

"There you go, see? It's me, it's Yeonjun, you're safe I promise." He placed his hand on the side of Kai's face rubbing his thumb over his cheek softly.

Kai finally adjusted to his familiar surroundings focusing on the black-haired male in front of him.

"h... hyung?" his voice was shaky and broken, tears glazing his dark brown eyes.

"Yes baby, I'm right here."

Kai burst into tears gripping onto Yeonjun's shoulders tight.

"Hey, hey, shhhh it's okay Hyuka, don't cry baby." Yeonjun wiped the tears away with his thumb.

Kai threw himself into Yeonjun's chest burying his face in the crook of his neck breaking down into a fit of sobs.

Yeonjun's heart broke. He wrapped his arms around the younger rubbing his back gently.

"it's okay Hyuka, you're okay, I've got you, Hyung's got you." Yeonjun cooed rocking the younger in his arms.

"I was so scared hyung! i...I couldn't do anything! I just...I wanted it to go away... but...but..."

"Shhhh, shhhh, not now ningning, we can talk about it later. Nothing you saw was real, it was just a bad dream Hyuka, I'm here, you're safe, just relax baby, breathe with me, okay?"