🖤💖Nyctophobia- Yeonjun

Nyctophobia- Fear of the dark

The boys had finished a long week of schedules and were excited to finally relax for a weekend. They had already had dinner and were all in separate areas of the house doing their own things feeling at peace. For yeonjun however, that peace was short-lived.

"Attention! Severe thunderstorm warning for this area, close windows and keep off the roads until further notice."

"Aww man! A thunderstorm? Gross." Kai groaned from the couch.

"Oh, come on Hyuka, it's not that bad, it might be fun to watch!" Beomgyu said cheerfully as he threw a pillow on the ground and layed facing the window.

"Great idea Bamgyu, let's make a fort!" Taehyun squealed grabbing all the pillows and retrieving the couch cushions to start building a fort. Yeonjun had an anxious feeling in the pit of his stomach. He wasn't afraid of the storm itself, but he was worried that the storm could cause a power outage. He shook his anxiety off as he helped build the fort with the rest of them draping a blanket over the top to create the roof. The rain had started heavily hitting the windows the sky a dark gray color with swirling clouds and fast wind.

While building the fort, yeonjun had forgotten about the possibility of a power outage and was focused on having fun. After some time, he excused himself to go to the bathroom. While he was washing his hands, the lights suddenly went out.

His heart stopped as he let out a terrified scream. His breathing was rapid and shallow his hands shaking as he reached for the light switch flicking it up and down desperately trying to get the light to come back.

There was sudden knocking on the door the unexpected sound scaring him even more. He slid down the wall against the bathtub bringing his knees up against his chest as tears fell down his face. He couldn't see anything he was lost in inky blackness and was trapped. His panic worsened as he began hyperventilating gasping for air as his shallow breaths became shorter.

"Hyung!! Open the door! What happened? Are you hurt?! Did you fall!?" Soobin pounded on the door, his fist becoming red.

He heard Yeonjun's breathless sobs and knew something was terribly wrong.

"Hyung? Can you hear me?"

Still no answer.

He used his phone flashlight to reach on top of the door frame and find the spare key they have for emergencies. He stuck his phone in his mouth and fiddled with the doorknob placing the key in and turning it quickly. When he heard the click, he rushed in finding Yeonjun curled up on the floor shaking and crying, gasping for air.

"Hyung!!?" he screamed falling to his knees to be close to Yeonjun. He propped his phone on the wall so the flashlight could illuminate the small section of the bathroom.

"Hyung? Hey, it's Soobin I'm here, it's okay." He cooed softly placing a soft hand on Yeonjun's face.

"it's...it's...too dark...i...I can't see any...anything." He choked breathlessly.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. Look, I have my flashlight right here, see? It's just a power outage hyung, it's okay."

Despite Soobin's attempts, yeonjun could not calm down. His hyperventilating worsened forcing him into a coughing fit.

"Hey, hey, yeonjunnie, you have to calm down, okay? Look at me junnie."

Yeonjun shakily rose his head up to look into Soobin's dimly lit eyes.