🖤A Lonely Christmas- Kai

I Combined both of your requests since one was vague and one was specific :)

Request by: sketchy_ateez_06 and Sunooscrown

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of past abuse (vaguely), Panic Attack

"I can't believe we get to go home! It's been two years since I've seen my parents!" yeonjun smiled as he closed his suitcase.

Soobin smiled a sigh of relief leaving his lips.

"I know, I haven't spent Christmas with them in so long, I'm so excited to see them."

"do you have everything packed?" yeonjun asked.

"yes hyung, everything's ready."

"we should round up the kids and head out then, we don't want hyuka to miss his flight."

"right, let's go then." Soobin said as he picked up his luggage and wheeled it out of the room.

They entered the living room meeting the youngest boys who also had their stuff packed.

"are you guys all ready?" yeonjun asked.

"yes hyung, we have everything." Beomgyu smiled.

"awesome, where's hyuka?" soobin asked noticing the maknae missing.

"in his room, I think he forgot something." Taehyun said.

After a few minutes, kai came out still wearing his sweatpants and sleep shirt.

The oldest two looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"ning-ning? Why aren't you dressed? We have to leave." Soobin said.

"oh, my flight got delayed, I can't leave till tomorrow."

"aw hyuka, we're sorry, I don't want you to be here all alone all night... should I stay here with you till you leave tomorrow?" yeonjun suggested softly.

"no! of course not hyung, go see your parents I'll be fine."

"are you sure ning-ning? I agree with junnie, I don't want you to be all alone on Christmas eve."

Soobin said with a pout.

"hyungs, I'm eighteen years old, I can handle a night alone." Kai smiled softly.

"you're positive?"

"yes hyung, now hurry or you'll miss your train."

Soobin stepped forward and hugged kai softly ruffling his hair.

Kai hugged back, his hands gripping soobin a little tighter than he intended.

Soobin felt kai's grip and his heart ached a little, he hated the fact he would leave kai all alone in the dorm.

He kissed the top of kai's head before they broke apart and yeonjun hugged kai.

"have a safe trip tomorrow hyuka, call me when you get to the states okay?"

"okay hyung, have a safe trip too, have a great Christmas with your family."

Yeonjun couldn't help but notice a small sad twinge in kai's voice.

He squeezed kai tightly before they broke apart.

"I'll call you before bed too okay? If anything is wrong go see Heeseung hyung or one of our sunbaes okay?"