🩹💖Hyperthyroidism - Beomgyu

Request by: gyuguwu

FULL DISCLAIMER:

I tried to do as much research as i could on Hyperthyroidism but am very unfamiliar with the condition. if anything is wrong or inaccurate i sincerely apologize!

Beomgyu sighed as he stood in front of the mirror. He had just stepped out of the shower as he felt his heartbeat increase randomly. He quickly washed the soap from his hair seeing several off the strands coming off and sticking to his hands.

He looked puzzled at the scene and decided to get out.

Once he was dry he wiped the steam off the mirror and looked at his body feeling a sense of dread.

He had lost a lot of weight, unintentionally of course, his ribcage could be seen through his skin, his arms and legs significantly skinnier than they had been, his throat area slightly swollen.

He felt his heart racing in his chest, he pressed his hand to his heart and closed his eyes disliking this feeling that he had begun to experience within the past few weeks.

He sighed again before he pulled on his oversized long-sleeved shirt and baggy sweatpants. He hadn't wanted his members to notice his significant weight loss, he didn't want to bother them.

He walked out of the bathroom and joined the members in the living room.

"good morning beomgyu! Here, come eat breakfast." Soobin smiled wide as he pushed a plate of freshly made eggs and bacon towards him.

Beomgyu smiled sitting down at the table and beginning to eat his breakfast.

"hey beom, how are you today? You slept in a little late." Yeonjun said coming up to sit next to the younger.

"oh did i? sorry hyung I must've slept through my alarm..." beomgyu said apologetically.

"no, it's okay, I just wanted to make sure you were alright, that's all." Yeonjun smiled softly rubbing beomgyu's shoulder. he raised his eyebrow as he felt beomgyu's bony shoulder beneath his hand. He hadn't remembered beomgyu being so thin, but he decided to ignore it.

"oh, I'm fine hyung." Beomgyu said still feeling his heart racing in his chest.

"okay beom, finish your breakfast, make sure your fueled up for practice."

Beomgyu nodded smiling at the oldest as he continued to eat.

Once everyone was ready, they headed down to the dance practice room.

After a brief meeting discussing the new choreo, they began practicing, everyone energized and excited to prepare their next comeback.

Things were going well but beomgyu was starting to feel tired, way earlier than he usually does. He felt his shirt become soaked with sweat, his hair dripping, sweat beading on his face and neck.

He huffed out a breath as he wiped his skin, the sweating not stopping. As he wiped his forehead, he noticed a slight tremor in his fingers, his hands feeling weak.

He took a deep breath as he felt exhausted all of a sudden. He blinked his eyes and moved to his next position but tripped on his own foot and stumbled.

"woah! Beomgyu!" soobin exclaimed as he and the others rushed to him.

Soobin held beomgyu up steadying him feeling the soaked material beneath his hands.

"are you okay beom?" yeonjun asked softly seeing how exhausted the younger looked.

Beomgyu nodded trying to calm his heart and steady his breathing.