Chapter 01: Meeting trouble.

Azalea Caruso, heir of the Caruso Mafia. An assassin and a "cutthroat" as they've named me. I'm 24 and the daughter of the most powerful mafia couple in Italy, Alexander and Vienna Caruso. My mother was a part of the Spanish mafia and my dad of the Italian. They met during a common mission and have a cliche "frenemies to lovers" love story. My mother's parents and my father's parents were partners and basically were introduced to each other by their parents.

I, on the other hand, dislike the idea of marriage. I mean my parents have a beautiful relationship but I just can't imagine being stuck with so many responsibilities.

"Lea, honey c'mon get dressed and come down for breakfast!" Mom knocked on the door.

Vienna Caruso, previously, Vienna Morales, 44 years old, is the daughter of one of the biggest mob bosses in their time. She is one of the best snipers out there and also an excellent fighter. She has taught me everything I know about fighting. I have looked up to her my whole life.

"Yes, ma! Be right down." I replied, dragging myself out of the bed and into the shower.

I threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and walked downstairs.

"Morning Giglio." Dad wished as he bit into a piece of toast.

"Morning papa."

Alexander Caruso, 47 years old, platinum-haired, and the Italian capo. Everyone fears him. Just his name makes shivers run down people's spines. From what I've heard from my mother, he was also one of those typical bad boys who had a huge ass ego and could get any girl he wanted. Looks like my mom won and he is more than in love with her.

"Morning family, how are we doing today?" Emma glided through the main door and skipped to the dining table.

Emma White, one of the best hackers out there and my best friend. She is like a sister I never had. We grew up together. She soon joined our team and became one of our hackers along with Jay. Emma and Jay are siblings and orphaned since birth. Ma and Papa took care of them like they were their own and we actually became like real siblings.

"Em, come have breakfast with us!" Mom invited her to the table, laying out a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast for her.

"Lea, I heard you're meeting the Doberman today?" Emma asked, as my mom passed a "you weren't supposed to tell her this soon" glare.

"I am?" I raised my eyebrow at my mom.

"Look honey we were going to tell you in a bit-"

"This is some arranged marriage thing isn't it?" I stood up.

"No, it's not an arranged marriage thing. We just wanted to introduce you to him." Dad cut in.

"Papa that's exactly what happened to you and ma. I am NOT getting married anytime soon." I marched up to my room.

"Giglio, c'mon!"

"I'll go check on her." Emma assured as she walked after me.

I slammed my bedroom door and fell back on my bed. "Ugh! I can't believe them!"

They've been trying to get me to meet Leonardo aka "The Doberman" for months but I've been avoiding it.

"Lea. Lea open the door!" Emma knocked.

"Go away!" I groaned.

"AZALEA CARUSO! Open the door before I break it!"

"Okay okay Jesus!" I opened the door.

"Hey c'mon don't be mad at them. They just want to introduce him to you."

"You really believe that?"

"No not one word. But I've heard he's ridiculously gorgeous and someone with a nickname like Doberman is worth a shot"