Chapter 10: Shooting hearts

Yesterday night was surprisingly fun. I thought It would be a disaster. We left their place quite late. I was pissed because Leo got a chance to annoy me for so long. Leo was happy because he got the chance to annoy me for so long.

Today's Saturday which means it's training day. Today was a little different than usual. Every two or three weeks, Mama and I go to the shooting range. Today was shooting range day and guess who mama invited to tag along? LEONARDO FUCKING RICCI.

We reached the shooting range and in no time Leo was there too. Javier had accompanied him as well.

"Morning tesoro, morning Vienna" he greeted.

"Morning love" Mom greeted back.

"Morning stronzo" I rolled my eyes.

"Lea! Be nice" Mom scolded.

"Listen to your mother tesoro, be nice"

"You shut up" I hissed as I filled my gun with bullets and wore all the necessary pieces of equipment before starting to shoot.

"Okay now Lea, do as we practiced. Close one eye, point the tip of the gun perfectly, relax your shoulders, grip the gun properly, stand upright..you have to make a straight vertical line with the bullets" she instructed.

I followed and started shooting.

*gunshot* bull's eye.

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

One over the other I shot, forming a vertical line on the target.

"Good job Lea" Mom praised.

Next up was Leo. I could see competitiveness in his eyes. He was now under pressure to have a perfect aim or he would lose from me.

*gunshot* bull's eye.

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

*gunshot*

Oh fuck. His aim was spot on. He took off his protective glasses and noise cancellation headphones and proceeded to smirk at me.

"Looks like you have competition Lea" Mom giggled.

"Yeah looks like you have competition tesoro" Leo smirked as we had a staring contest.

It's the one thing we do without arguing. Our specialty, you can call it.

"Are they always like this?" Mom whispered to Javier.

"Usually worse, this is just a warm-up"

"Really? Jesus"

"Alright children, let's keep practicing" Javier commanded.

We snapped back into reality and kept practicing.

After about 1 hour of training, we walked back to our house and mom invited Javier and Leo to breakfast. Javier couldn't join us so only Leo came along.

"Have a seat, I'll bring the food" Mom said as she walked into the kitchen.

I walked to the opposite side of the table but Leo grabbed my wrist and said "Sit beside me, yeah?"

"Why? So you can drop your fork again?"

"That was a good one though" He chuckled.

"Idiota" I shook my head as I sat beside him.

Mom placed the food plate on the table. "Waffles? What's so special today?" I looked at her.

"I made it especially for Leo today. I know he loves them"