Chapter 20: Dolore

{dolore - pain in Italian.}

Xander's pov:

I touched my face which now had Grant's blood scattered all over it.

As Grant fell over, I saw Nate standing in front of me, smirking with a gun pointed towards me.

"You sick bastard!" I yelled.

"Not happy to see me...boss?"

"I always knew you were up to no good."

"Of course I wasn't, I mean you were after my uncle's ass all the time."

"Uncle?...you're Gladius' nephew?"

"Surprise motherfucker!" Gladius walked in from behind with a bimbo walking along with him.

Wait...that's Scarlett. Leo's ex.

"Aren't you Leo's ex?" I asked.

"Good memory you have there Xander." she replied.

"Oh, so all of you sick psychos have formed a community I see." I scoffed.

Scarlett laughed at my remark and continued to say, "and these psychos are gonna be the last thing you ever see."

"How did you know about this deal?" I asked, stalling.

"Bugs my dear Xander. Bugs. You didn't find all of them the last time." Gladius said.

I kept asking them shit to stall them. I couldn't pull out my gun because they already had theirs aimed and by the time I would pull it out, I'd be dead meat.

Just a few moments more and Dario will be here. I cannot believe Nate was a traitor this whole time. No wonder Gladius got away everytime. He already knew our next moves. I had a mole in my team for years and no one fucking realized.

Leo's pov:

Ugh god, I need to find a way to get out of here. I have no idea what they might've done to Xander. I cannot imagine the pain Lea will have to go through. I've been in contact with Scarlett for so long now that I have started to smell like fake Chanel. Ugh gross. 

I need to get out of here and show them what I'm capable of. What The Doberman is capable of. They messed with Lea. My Lea. I will skin each and every one of them alive and burn them in here along with this dungeon-like mansion.

I looked around for a while until I finally had an idea..

Xander's pov:

"Okay, we have wasted enough time now let's get down to business."

Gladius said as he lowered his gun to my stomach. "I want to give you a slow and painful death. A bullet through the skull would be too quick."

And by saying that he pulled the trigger and suddenly I was light-headed and my hand was bloody from holding my stomach.

Groaning in pain, and with my blurry vision, I fell to the ground. I watched them laugh as Scarlett came up to me with a shiny thing in her hand. I couldn't clearly tell- it's a goddamn knife. You wanna know how I know that with my blurry vision? It's because she just engraved something on my right arm. Like the bullet wasn't enough.

"We're so glad to be the last faces you see before you die." Nate laughed.

"I w- ugh will k- kill you!" I groaned.

"Sure, you can't even speak properly." Scarlett scoffed.

"My A-Azalea *groan* will bury you alive and- I promise you- she will."

"Don't worry we'll kill her too." she added.

"Leave him here to rot, let's go." Gladius commanded as they laughed and left the premises. 

Just as they left, Dario, Lea and the others came in, running with their weapons aimed forward.

Back to Azalea:

I lowered my gun to the sight of my wounded father fallen on the floor, gasping and groaning. Grant was shot, dead on the floor and no one else was in sight. No no no no. I quickly ran towards him.

"Oh my god! Papa!" 

"G-Giglio" he muttered.

"Who did this?"

"I-It's-" he struggled.

"Lea, we have to take him to the hospital first, he is bleeding too much!" Dario advised as he picked papa up and took him to the car.

"C'mon don't shut your eyes, Xander!"

"Thank you for being such an amazing best friend to me, Rio."

"NO SHUT THE HELL UP! DO NOT SAY THAT! Nothing is going to happen to you and you will come back to your family!"

I was numb. I couldn't breathe. I have never seen papa like this. I tied his pant belt tightly on his waist in order to stop the blood from flowing more. He could barely keep his eyes open and yet he looked at me and gave me his biggest smile.

 We reached the hospital and Papa was immediately sent to the operation room. After a couple of hours, the doctor came out of the room, informing us that he was stable but hadn't woken up yet. He bled too much and he may not wake up very soon and there are chances he might not wake up at all. I felt the ground sweep from beneath my feet. I was at the verge of tears when I heard a little voice in my head say,

"Giglio, remember one thing. We are in the mafia and anything can happen anytime. If anything ever happens to me, don't you dare shed a tear. If I'm laying on the hospital bed, hanging between life and death, just remember that if I were to die. I would've already done that instead of laying on the goddamn bed. "

I wiped my eyes and  walked into the room with Dario. I sat on a chair beside papa and Dario stood beside me with his hand on my shoulder.

I suddenly saw something unusual. There was a carving on my dad's arm which looked something like a T and a D...TD? what is that?

"What's that on his arm?" I pointed out.

"Huh? Wait- that's- NO!" He yelled as he examined, what I think was a knife carving.

"This can't be true..." he went on.

"What is it?" I asked as we drove off to the hospital.

"That's Leo's signature." He said.

"What?!"

"He carves it on his targets..."

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! Oh god I'm so sorry for such a short and late update. I HAVE BEEN SUPER BUSY and I still am but I took out some time today to finish this chapter and  this is all I got for y'all sorry :/ I'll keep the chapters short so that I can update more frequently. Anyways, what do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx