Chapter 34: Feelings and shit.

Azalea's pov:

I saw Leo standing in front of me in the same clothes he had on while we left. He didn't go to Italy...

"I can't do this anymore Lea." He barged in.

"Do what?" I shut the door behind him.

"Stay away from you."

"Huh?"

"Look. I know neither of us is good with feelings and shit but I have had enough." He let out a deep breath before continuing. "Lea, we were supposed to be meeting for an arranged marriage. We were unwillingly set up by our parents but look at us now. I don't know when this arrangement turned into love."

"Leo..."

"Let me finish." He ordered. "What I'm trying to say here is... I am in love with you Azalea Caruso. Utterly and madly."

"Leo I- I-"

Say it Lea. Say it.

"It's okay. You don't have to say it back. I just wanted to let you know before it was too late you know." He sniffled. "Uh, I should leave now."

He walked out.

I am in love with you Azalea Caruso. Utterly and madly.

Oh my fucking god. What have I done...

Leo's pov:

She didn't say it back...You know why I'm more hurt? It's because I know she feels the same way but just can't say it.

"You will never
be able to escape
from your heart.
So it is better
to listen to what
it has to say."

My heart felt heavy but at the same time, it felt light. I had finally told her what I wanted to tell her for so damn long. I did not regret anything. Falling in love with her isn't on my regrets list. It is one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me. I just hate the fact that no matter what I did, I couldn't break down her walls.

Suddenly my car lost control and I hit a tree. Everything went black after that.

[A few hours later]

Azalea's pov:

*phone rings*

"Jav? What's up?"

"Lea, there's an emergency!"

"Wait what's wrong?"

"Leo's in the hospital. His car crashed."

"WHAT?!"

"I'll send you the address of the hospital. Come quick."

"I'll meet you there."

I quickly changed and drove down to the hospital. I ran through the crowd and reached his room. Javier was standing outside, waiting for me.

"Jav is he okay?" I asked, impatient for an answer.

He was silent.

"Tell me!"

"The doctor hasn't come out yet." He lowered his head.