Chapter 17: I spy a traitor...

Azalea's pov:

I can't believe this! Nate has been helping Gladius this whole time. It didn't even take him much time to just switch parties like that. One day he was working for my father and the next day he just..ugh I am so mad right now but I can't kill him. He is the only way we can get to Gladius. If he dies, Gladius will go off-grid again. He is my only hope to end them all.

"Leo, listen. We'll shoot but not directly at him-"

"So we can scare him and follow him..right?" he added.

"Precisely."

I counted to three on my fingers and we quickly pulled out our guns and started shooting. To our surprise, he didn't shoot back. He just ran. Okay, coward. We ran after him. He soon took out his gun and shot back. His shots were quite off but he didn't stop running. Jumping over fences and hoods of the cars, he sprinted ahead.

Leo and I were still shooting but in an instant, there were no bullets left to shoot. All of a sudden, he ran into a forest area where the road vanished and there was just darkness and thick trees in sight. We, unfortunately, lost sight of him and he got away. Ughhhhh!

"He got away. He fucking got away!" Leo groaned, bending his body forward to place his hands on his knees.

"Let's not go any further, we don't have proper weapons on us to go into the forest. Let's head back and have the hackers track him." I suggested, panting.

He nodded and we headed back.

[A few minutes later]

"You know when I didn't find you in the backyard, I got really scared." Leo confessed.

"Scared? Why?" 

"I thought Nate..hurt you."

I let out a soft chuckle at his innocent confession. He did look very worried then but I couldn't help but smile. He cared. I always knew he did but today when I saw him almost break into tears.

"Didn't you say that as long as you're here, nothing will happen to me?" I arched my brows.

He let out a laugh.

"True. But I was still worried. We can't keep going like this, Lea. We need to do something about it."

"We don't. Papa and Dario will do whatever they always do to get rid of them."

I didn't want him to get into this anymore. I can't let him put himself in more danger than he already is.

[Later that night]

*knock knock*

"Come in." I said.

"Lea, honey, can I talk to you?" Mom asked, closing the door behind her.

"Of course, Ma. What's up?"

"I've been looking at you and Leo for the past month. Look, Lea, I don't know about you guys but I really think that you are good for each other."

"Mom-" I tried to speak up.

"Let me finish. I'm not telling you to marry him but don't lose him. Think about it." She said as she patted my back and walked out of the room.

"Wasn't planning on it ma."  I murmured under my breath.

A while later, my bedroom door flung open to Emma sliding inside and jumping up on the bed beside me.

"How are things going with Leo? I heard about what happened tonight." she asked.

"I'm scared Em. We keep getting attacked or spied on now and then."

"I can't believe Nate did all this. I wish I could blow his brains out right now."

"I can't either. I don't care about something happening to me, I'm more concerned about something happening to Leo." 

"Of course you are, that's what people do when they love someone." she giggled.

"L- Love? That is a strong word Em, I'm not in love with him."

"Sure you aren't." she rolled her eyes.

"You tell me... what's up with you and Matt? I hardly see y'all anymore!" 

"Nothing special, he asked me to be his girlfriend." she said to me with cheeks glowing red and lips forming a shy smile.

"Oh my god! Congratulations!" I cheered as I hugged her in sheer excitement.

"Oh god, I have to plan a wedding! You'll make me the godmother to your child, right? Who am I kidding, of course, you will." 

"Alright hold your horses woman. We just started dating, don't get your hopes up."

"I don't care. He has to love you forever or I will put a bullet through his dick."

"Dear lord you will do nothing like that."

"If I can do it to my ex, I can do it to him too." I laughed.

[At Nate's warehouse] [Nate's pov:]

"They were together again and Lea told him not to do anything." I informed.

"He has become her weak point. She cares for him." Gladius added.

"Look at this. They're discussing something." Scarlett walked in with a tablet in her hand.

*video plays*

"We have this very important shipment and I have a plan on how we can get Gladius." Xander spoke.

"What is the plan?" Dario asked.

"I got myself a deal with one of Gladius' associates, Grant Jackson. They are willing to team up with us for a higher amount than what they get now."

"That is fucking fantastic." 

"You all will not be coming there with me. This will only be me and him."

"But that can be dangerous X, you sure?"

"I promised him I won't bring in any men. If y'all come, it will be more dangerous."

"But if there's any problem, you know what to do."

"Of course."

"Where is the meeting?"

"BHI Charter planes' warehouse."

"When?"

"In a week."

*recording stops*

"That asshole!" Gladius roared. "I can't believe he sold himself to Caruso!" 

"Good work Scarlett... wow never thought I'd say that." Gladius went on.

"Thank you and also, I have a plan." She replied.

"Let's hear it."

"We know where their shipment is taking place and I know Leo's after kill signature." she smirked, waiting for us to understand what she was getting at.

"Excellent." I smirked, turning to Gladius.

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! I'm sorry it's a bit short, I had major writer's block and couldn't think of anything for like three weeks so my apologies and I'll start updating more frequently I swear. Thank you for sticking with me. What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx