Chapter 19: A lie for love

Leo's pov:

I was furious. They tied me to a chair and I couldn't do shit. Lea's safety is my number one priority. If I fight, she dies. Scarlett was in this the whole time. I couldn't believe she could do something so utterly disgusting and cheap. I couldn't sleep at all. Darkness would fall and a new day would dawn but my eyes were taped open because I couldn't stop thinking about Lea, my family and her family. The walls were bullet and soundproof and so was the door.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden noise at the door. Scarlett walked in with a phone in her hand, smirking devilishly. I hated it.

"Call up your dad." she ordered, tossing the phone on my lap. "Oh sorry, I forgot you were tied up like a little bitch." she laughed as she picked up the phone from my lap, caressing my thighs. I jerked my legs in discomfort and her hands bounced off my thighs.

"Why do you want me to call him?"

"Tell him you're going away for a while to clear off your head and that you won't be back for another 4 days and don't you dare try to act clever because the more you try to fight back, the closer Lea gets to her death day."

"Touch her and I will end you."

"Aren't you sweet? now be a good boy and talk to him."

She dialled a number and put it up to my ears.

"Hello?" Dad spoke from the other side.

"Hey dad, it's Leo. My phone died so I called you up from a different number."

"Oh okay what's up, Leo, where have you been?"

"Dad, I'm going off for some time. I'm very tired and just wanted to blow off the stress."

"Where are you?" He asked with worry in his voice.

"New York, don't worry. I'll be back in a few days." I said in a sad tone, unsure about what I just said.

"Okay fine just don't kill anyone and stay safe alright?"

Ugh, you have no idea how much I want to kill someone right now.

"Yes dad, love you."

"Love you too, son."

She snatched the phone and hung up. A devilish grin formed on her face as she slipped the shiny black phone into her back pocket.

"You are still a bitch." I scoffed. "Lea is the strongest woman I've ever met. She will see right through your stupid tricks and before anything happens to her, I will kill you." I stated.

She laughed hysterically at my remark. "Oh I'm so scared!" she laughed.

"You should be. Even if I'm tied down right now, I'm still The Doberman and I was and still am more powerful than you and those two bozos will ever be. Have you not heard that if you trespass on a Doberman's property, it can kill you in the most painful way possible."

I could tell that she was taking it all lightly because I was tied. If only I was free, she would've ran for the hills till now. The more she laughed, the more my knuckles clenched. I'm not one to hit a woman but if that woman is her, I'd chop her into tiny little pieces and throw them in the trash.

"Very well then Doberman. I'll be waiting for your bite." she laughed as she walked out of the door.

I have to find a way to get out of this shithole. I have to do something before they can do anything to Lea. Scarlett alone will not be able to destroy shit, she's a wuss. I still have no idea why they chose her to help them. God Lea, please keep yourself safe. For me, please.

Back to Azalea:

*on the phone*

"Oh okay. Thank you for telling me.. take care." I said as I hung up the phone.

Leo left without telling me. I mean he wasn't obliged to or anything but he still could've told me. I'll not lie, I was kind of sad because I thought we were close enough for him to tell me about his problems.. but guess not. If he was so stressed he could've told me. Why do I have a bad feeling about this? I dunno what it is...something's not right.

"What was that about?" asked Emma.

"Leo left for New York to clear off his head without telling anyone."

"What? Why did he not tell anyone?"

"I dunno. He's been acting really strange and I have a feeling that something's really wrong."

[Four days later]

Tonight papa has a very important deal with Grant Jackson and he is going there alone. I am quite nervous about him being there without any backup but he's done this before and he hates it when people meddle in his business. He will not let you be a threat to his mission. If he's called alone, he'll go alone.

[Gladius' penthouse] [Nate's pov:]

Scarlett walked in with the shiny grey tablet in her hand and set it on the table in front of me and Gladius.

She pressed play and it showed the footage of Xander's office.

"Okay I'm ready, I'll reach there at 9 pm sharp." he spoke on the phone.

"We're gonna end Gladius." he said as he hung up and left the room.

*recording stops*

"He thinks he's gonna end us." Gladius said, having a good laugh out of the situation. "Little does he know what's coming for him."

"Leo's tied in a closed room and Xander's not gonna make it out of that deal safely. Poor Lea's gonna be devastated!" Scarlett stated sarcastically.

"The Caruso Mafia will come crashing down and no one will be able to do anything about it." I added.

"Well let's not be late for the show. Let's get going."

[BHI Charter Planes' warehouse]

Xander's pov:

I walk into the big warehouse with big charter planes stood on the sides. Barrels and boxes were kept on the opposite side of the planes. 8:58 pm. I waited for Grant to show up. Soon footsteps were audible and getting louder with each step. Someone was coming towards me.

"Hello, Alexander." A croaky voice spoke. 

A 5 foot something, ginger, burly man stood in front of me, proposing a handshake.

"Hello, Grant."

I shook his hand and we got down to business. As we were discussing the details of forming an alliance and plans to defeat Gladius...

*gunshot*

Grant groaned with a bloody hole in his skull. He fell on his knees and soon his body was on the ground, his eyes and mouth still wide open.

We were under attack...

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! I'm so sorry I took ages to update and still came up with such a short chapter. I literally have no free time these days and I don't think I will be able to update much for a while so you might expect small updates now and bigger updates after November :/ I hope y'all understand. Anyways, what do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx