Chapter 27: New beginnings, same faces.

[One and a half years later] Azalea's pov:

Leo and I didn't talk to each other for days. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and months turned to a year and I decided to move to New York. I was still mad at Leo and he was hurt because of me. At first, I thought he was trying to play the victim card but then I put myself in his shoes. I understand where he is coming from, I do but my ego is getting in the way. He lied, it's his fault, not mine.

I handled the King business from here and rarely ever visited. It was my family who came to pay occasional visits. To be frank it's not because I didn't want to go back and meet them. I was scared of running into Leo. I was scared to see him again. I was scared to speak to him again.

I read our old texts and thought of how happy go lucky I had become. I thought of all the feelings I had never felt before.

But anyways, Matteo and Emma are getting married by next month! I know. Crazy.

They aren't throwing a grand wedding so not much time is required to plan it. Just close people. I'm so excited for her! I did ask her a few times if she thought this was too quick but she was sure that she wanted no one else but Matt. I adore them together.

Leo's pov:

"Boss." Javier called in a low tone.

"I don't like this tone of yours. What happened?" I asked.

"Lea has been living in New York for the past year."

"Huh?!" 

She moved?! She left Italy because of me...

"I just overheard Matt and Emma talk about it." Javier explained.

"Matt knew?!" I raged. "Stop his little playdate and call him in. Now." I commanded.

Matt was called and after a few minutes, he walked into my office. His face showed that he had a slight idea of what was about to happen.

"You knew she moved and didn't tell me." I said coldly.

"I- I didn't want to see you more upset than you already were. You were floating in guilt already. I thought if I told you, you would drown."

"Well Shakespeare, lucky for you, I know how to swim." I rolled my eyes. "Never ever hide anything like this from me again Matt."

"I won't. I'm sorry man."

"Sorry won't suffice. I need you to do something for me."

"Anything."

"Get the jet ready."

"Why?"

"I'm going to New York."

"What?!" Javier shouted.

"Are you insane?" Matt added.

"Can you two shut up?"

"You're gonna make her angrier than she already is." Matt sighed.

"Then so be it." I scoffed.

"Are you sure about it Leo?"

"Yes now get the damn jet ready."

"On it." Matt bolted downstairs.

"But why Leo? She told you to stay away, she won't be happy to see you there." Javier asked.

"I made a mistake. I should've never left when she told me to. I promised myself to never let her get away from me. She's mine and only mine and The Doberman always gets what he wants and he wants Blaze."

I took my jet to NYC and stayed at my apartment there. I was furious with myself for letting her go away. I went down to the club downtown to cool off. I was ordering my drink when I turned around to see her.

My tesoro. Her hair grew a little longer but her pretty little face had the same brilliant smile on it. I scanned my eyes around her when I saw the reason for her smile. She was standing in the corner of the bar with some blonde idiot standing next to her. They were laughing, dancing.

Her ice-blue eyes locked into mine and widened. She froze for a while before she decided to wrap her hands around the guy's neck and sway along with the music with his hands on her hips. I almost crushed the glass in my hand at the sight. She didn't break eye contact.

Azalea's pov:

Was I dreaming? hallucinating? It cannot be him. No. My eyes were on the verge of becoming the Niagra falls at his sight but I controlled it. I took hold of the blonde guy standing next to me. He had been flirting with me since I got there. What was his name again? Eh nevermind.

I saw his jaw clench hard and his grip on the glass become tighter. He almost crushed the damn thing. He slammed the glass on the table. Didn't break it, don't worry, and marched towards me.

His strong build stood in front of the blonde, pushing me out of the way.

"Hey man what's your problem?" he yelled at Leo.

"You. Leave her alone."

"Excuse me?"

"Get lost."

"She was dancing willingly with me and who even are you? Why should I listen to you?"

"I don't care. Walk away before you have no legs to do so."

"No." he crossed his arms.

My god leave my guy. You have no idea what he will do to you.

"Leo what are you-"

"Don't talk." He ordered.

"How dare you-"

"Shush Lea." He said. "How much time do you take to turn your dumbass around and leave?"

"Lea, you know this psycho?" he asked.

"Do as he says. Leave Brandon." I sighed.

"My name's Beckham!" He huffed and stormed off.

Seriously I couldn't care less.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Leo?!"

"Why were you dancing with him?"

"Excuse me? I don't owe you any explanation."

"Why were you letting him touch you?"

He kept repeating his question. It was as if my words weren't reaching his ears.

"None of your business."

He snaked his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Let go of me." I tried to free myself.

"You're mine to touch. Mine to hold. Mine to kiss." He said hoarsely.

"What has happened to you?"

"I let you go too easy before. I didn't show how much you meant to me right? Well, now I'm showing you."

"By scaring away guys that talk to me?"

"Dovrebbero sapere che sei mio (They should know you're mine)."

"Non sono tuo (I'm not yours)." I said angrily.

"We'll see about that." he chuckled.

Leo's pov:

I was acting like a jerk and I knew that. I tried being nice and it didn't get me anywhere and I tried to be considerate but that didn't work so I'm gonna be a stubborn asshole if that's what will keep her with me.

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! Do y'all like the new Leo? A delight isn't he? Azalea and Leo meet again after one and a half years! Matteo and Emma are about to get married! Oh god! What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx