Chapter 04: Power duo

I quickly turned around to see a 6 foot something guy with a black hoodie, black pants, and a black ski mask. Only the shiny knife in his grip was visible in the dark.

Gladius is back. That coward is still sending his men instead of showing up himself.

I grabbed his wrist and twisted it which caused him to drop the knife. "Never wait for your prey to turn around" I laughed as I punched his stomach. He hit me back. Figlio di puttana (Son of a bitch). Punches and groans were the only sounds in the alley.

Leonardo's pov:

"What's taking Lea so long?" Jay asked.

"I'll go check." I said as I walked in the same direction as she did.

I go out to see Lea and some guy fighting. He's wearing a skull ski mask. He is one of Gladius' men. I ran to them and helped Lea. I pulled him back, away from her and punched him hard.

"Leo what are you doing?!" she asked, panting.

"Baking a cake" I stated, sarcastically.

Soon Lea and I were playing hot potato with the guy. I'm pretty sure she broke his nose and I broke his hand or leg or something.

He fell to the ground, bloody and trembling. Lea pulled out her gun and pointed it at him. With her finger on the trigger, she said with a smirk "Saluta Gladius da parte mia (Say hello to Gladius for me)" *gunshot* He was dead.

Lea pulled out her phone from her pocket and dialed someone up " Vic, I need you to clean up in the alley behind The Skull club.".... "Parcel this shit to Gladius. Let him know we're onto him." Victor is one of her father's associates. He handles shipments for Xander sometimes but his main job is basically disposing bodies and shipping them back to their bosses. Fun.

"Are you okay?" I asked. wiping the blood off my shirt and knuckles.

"Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for the help." She wiped her bleeding knuckles.

"What the hell happened here? Why was Gladius' bitch here?" I asked.

"I have no idea. He came outta nowhere. Gladius is getting more and more annoying day-by-day." she rolled her eyes.

Gladius Clemonte is an old enemy of ours. He has been after Dad and Xander for a long time now. We haven't been able to catch that son of a bitch yet. It's because he always sends his men and never shows up himself. Fucking coward. He was off the grid for a long time and is back now. Of course his first target is Lea. That means I'm next.

"We gotta tell our parents about this. You could've gotten hurt tesoro."

"I'm an assassin, remember? I get hurt all the time." She laughed.

"Not when I'm there." I quickly responded. I know she is used to this but I can't just watch her get hurt.

"Let's go back home. I've had enough of this." she rubbed her temples and we walked back inside.

After telling everyone about what just happened, we went back home.

[At the Caruso mansion]

We walked in through the main door to see my parents already sat on the couch with Lea's parents.

"Oh my god Lea, are you okay?" Vienna ran towarde her, hugging her tight.

So they already know.

"I'm fine mom. Leo helped me kill that son of a bitch."

Vienna looked at me, thanked me and smiled.

"You two beat him up horribly. Y'all really are a power duo." Dario walked up to us and patted our shoulders.