Chapter 31: Giglio

Azalea's pov:

"Nice to see you in person. As Leonardo this time." Easton joked, reminding Leo of the waiter attire he had on before.

Leo just nodded and passed a forced smile.

"Leo what is wrong with you! Be nice." I nudged his arm.

"Nice to see you as well." He murmured.

"Lea, can you get me some water please, I'm really thirsty." Easton requested.

"Yeah sure." I walked out.

Easton's pov:

I sent Lea away and now my voice became stern.

"Look I know you like Lea and that you want her back. What you're doing right now won't fucking work so if you can't do anything, tell me so I can go ahead with her."

"Excuse you?" His voice showed anger and jealousy. "Don't touch my Lea. She is mine. You are her friend so be her damn friend."

"Well I don't see you doing anything so I'll shoot my shot eh?"

"I'll get her back don't fucking worry. If you try anything with her, I'll kill you." He warned.

That ought to do the trick.

Lea came back with a glass of water and after I drank it, I left them alone, acting like I had gotten a call.

Azalea's pov:

Leo looked rather disturbed than how I left him. He looked at me with a clenched jaw and sternly asked, "Do you like Easton?"

"Of course I like Easton. He's my best friend."

"No I mean, do you LIKE like Easton?"

"He's just my friend. We are just friends."

"That doesn't answer my question. I want a yes or a no."

"No. I don't LIKE like Easton."

"Good."

"Why?"

"Because."

He slammed his lips into mine. The empty glass slipped from my grip and my hands found his neck. He turned me around and backed me gently into the hard pillar as he continued to kiss me without wasting a breath. A year went by without this taste on my tongue and I just felt all sorts of horrible for the time I had spent away from him. This kiss just made me forget that we ever separated our paths.

Our foreheads touched as we gasped for air. I pulled back and looked into his dilated grey eyes.

"I- I should go help Ma." I tucked my hair behind my ear and sprinted off.

"You still feel the same, Tesoro! I knew it!" Leo cheered.

I ran to the ballroom and started crying as I sat in the corner of the room. My head was slowly losing the battle against my heart.

He was right of course. I never changed the way I felt about him. I always loved him.

Leo's pov:

I felt nothing but triumph. I had won. I had won against Lea's brain and taken over her heart. If Easton didn't say those things to me, I wouldn't have kissed her in jealousy- wait-

I saw Easton peek from behind one of the pillars and I gestured him to come to me.

"Yes, Leo?" He smiled.

I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you for making me angry."

"Wow, that's not weird at all." He laughed.