Chapter 15: Till death do us part.

"She's out of danger, still sleeping." Dr. Evans said with a big smile.

"Thank you Dr. Evans." I hugged her.

"Anything for you Lea." She pulled back and directed me to go in the room.

There she was, lying on the bed in a patient gown and thin pipes attached to her body.

I sat down next to her and held her hand.

"I knew nothing would happen to you." I caressed her head. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me with a smile.

"Till death do us part?" I forwarded my pinky finger towards her.

"Till death do us part." She raised her pinky finger and wrapped it around mine.

I kissed her forehead and stood up. The rest of them spoke to her one by one.

"I thought I'd lose you." Matteo said as he cupped her face and kissed her.

"Never." she smiled at him.

I wiped a tear off my face and walked out of the room.

"Thank you. Thank you for saving her." I let out a deep breath of relief as I looked up in the sky and thanked god.

"I was positive she'd make it ya know?" Leo walked up to me. "I mean she's your bestfriend after all. Nothing can happen to her."

"Thank you." I looked at him.

"For what?" he asked.

"For just being you." 

He said nothing. Just smiled.

"Lea?" Jay called.

"Yeah?" I turned to him.

"I'm going back with Javier to try to track down Gladius." He informed.

"Alright, stay safe." I hugged him.

"We will." He said as he walked out of the main exit.

[Gladius' warehouse] [Nate's pov]

"Why the hell did you shoot Emma? She had nothing to do with all this!" Gladius questioned.

"She's Azalea's bestfriend. Azalea will become more vulnerable now." Scarlett explained.

"No you morons! What you're doing is making them more alert everyday! That's it, I've had enough of this bullshit. Nate and you, come to my office tomorrow, we'll hear your plan and make it full proof." 

"But-" I tried to speak up.

"No buts. I'm 49 years old and all out of fucking patience so from now on YOU do what I say."

"Okay okay, calm down, we'll be in your office first thing tomorrow." I promised.

Back to Azalea:

"Leo, they're trying to hurt every one of us." I sighed.

"Ugh! pieces of shit!" Leo groaned.

"How did they know about this shipment? wait- oh shit!"  I ran back to papa.

"Wait, tesoro where are you going?"

"Papa!" I called. He was seated at one of the chairs in front of the ICU.

"Yes giglio?" he looked up at me.

"Where did you discuss the shipment details with Dario?" I asked.

"In my office, why?"

"No reason, just asking." I said as I nudged Leo to come with me.

We walked away from papa and stood beside the pharmacy.