Chapter 22: Fiducia

{fiducia: trust in Italian}

Leo's pov:

I was trapped. Again. Now, what the fuck do I do? Killing Scarlett didn't affect them at all because well, their job was done and she was of no use to them anyway. If I don't return back, my family's suspicion of me will become stronger. I was feeling helpless again.

"Tesoro, per favore credimi. Non farò mai una cosa del genere a tuo padre. Anche lui è mio padre.(Treasure, please believe me. I'll never do that to your father. He is my father too.)"

I wish I could tell her that it wasn't me. I hope she trusts me enough to know that it wasn't me. I hope that she loves me enough to know that it wasn't me.

Lea's pov:

Leo couldn't have done it. There's no way. I have to find out who did this.

I picked up my phone and called up the smartest motherfuckers I know.

"Em, Jay. I need your help."

They came over and I told them everything.

"He what now?!" Emma gasped.

"Tell me someone framed him or I will hunt him down and blow his brains." Jay raged.

"Someone did frame him. Someone out there knows how to do his signature perfectly as he does and I need your help to find who it is."

"What do you need?" Jay asked.

"Give me the list of everyone who was super close to Leo in the past 3-5 years. If they are taking revenge now then the problem must be recent."

"What if it's old?"

"Mafia people don't wait that long to get their revenge." Emma replied.

"Correct. I need every single name on that damn list. I'm talking girlfriends, family friends, cousins, aunts, uncles and also I need names of the people who pack and ship bodies for the Riccis."

They nodded.

Why do I have a feeling that I know who did this?

"Oh and also, do it fast because if Leo was framed, he might be in danger."

"On it."

Leo's pov:

"You thought you were so smart with your tactics? but guess what? We're smarter." Nate laughed.

"Not really though. You guys were dumb enough to frame me for hurting Xander. Lea would never believe that and she is probably already after y'all." I scoffed.

"How will she ever know who did it? No one else knows your signature, only Scarlett did and now she is dead too."

"She trusts me. I trust her. She will dig you from your grave and kill you again if she has to but she will never believe this."

"We'll see about that later lover boy. You just keep counting your days because you don't have many left."

Ugh, I was so close to getting the hell out of here. He is right though. Scarlett was the only one who could prove that I didn't do it and I killed her. God, please let Lea find something that makes me innocent in her eyes again.

Lea's pov:

"Ma, ma what's wrong?" I asked as my mother ran into her room, crying hysterically.

"Ma, what's wrong? Tell me."

"Lea...your father...he is in critical condition. He lost too much blood. He has a high chance of not waking up again." she cried.