Chapter 25: Have a blessed life.

"Care to explain what that was about?" I walked towards him, crossing my arms.

"Look it's not what you think." He sighed.

"Then explain to me."

"Look I- I might not be the best person to explain-"

"I'll explain." A deep familiar voice spoke from behind.

It was Dario.

"Xander and I, we had placed a bet with Gabriel Russo, a few months back. The bet was to see who's children can get a hold of the partnership of King Ent. The one who fails will have to work under the winner. This bet was placed out of spite but it was terribly important for us to win because if we didn't, He would not only make us work under him but also break our partnership."

He took a pause.

"Now one of the policies of King Ent. is that the CEO or partner cannot be an eligible bachelor who already has quite a reputation within the ladies. They have to be engaged or married. Being an eligible, playboy bachelor ruins your status as a CEO. So in order to win the partnership Leo had to be engaged or married...the rest is history. It's all Xander and my fault. Don't blame Leo please."

"You knew about this?" I looked at Leo, devastated.

He was silent.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"I'll leave you two alone now. I'm sorry Lea." Dario walked out.

"Tesoro..."

"It's Lea for you."

"I- just listen to me..."

"You lied to me all this time! I cannot believe this. I am not mad at us meeting being a business deal thing or whatever. I'm mad at you for lying to me. All this time, I thought maybe you liked me."

"I do like you! More than anything!"

"Trust is the most important thing in a relationship. You broke it. I would've not been this heartbroken if you would've told me this earlier."

"Lea, our meeting might've been for a deal but what I felt for you was real."

"I almost lost my father because of this stupid bet! I almost lost my biggest strength! And how do I know that you're not lying to me right now? I heard you on the call. You weren't gonna tell me the truth anyway."

"No Tesoro, it's not like that-"

"I cannot even look at you right now. Please see yourself out."

"Tesoro-"

"Have a blessed life Leonardo Ricci." I walked away, trying not to break down in front of him.

"No- wait!" He cried out.

I felt crushed. Used. How could they all lie to me? Did mom know? Did Diana know? Did Emma and Jay know? Who else was lying to me? How could they just toy with my feelings like that? I didn't think that Leo, out of all people, would lie to me.

"Emma, Jay, come over. Now!" I commanded over the phone.

"Yes ma'am." Jay said as he hung up.

They showed up quick and I pulled them to my room. I explained everything to them.

"I can't believe this!" Emma gasped.

"Did you two know? Be honest or I'll blow your heads off."

"We swear we didn't." They vehemently shook their heads.

"But Lea, he really does like you."

"That's not the point Jay. He lied to me and he wasn't planning on telling me either. He could've literally gone away with this lie if I hadn't overheard his conversation."

"You have a point. Go ask your dad about it maybe?" Emma suggested.

"No. I am too mad to even look at him."

"What are you going to do now Azzy?" Emma asked.

"Close this chapter forever."

"You can't do that!" Jay protested.

"Watch me."

"It's not that easy to let go of someone so important, Lea."

"I hardly trust someone and I trusted him so fast. He broke it. The old Lea would've given him a second chance but this Lea doesn't believe in second chances anymore."

"Don't you think you're maybe...sort of... I don't know...overreacti-"

"Finish that sentence Jay I dare you."

"Sorry, your highness."

"It's your choice, Lea. Do whatever you want. Just know that we're with you, always." Emma hugged me.

"Group hug." Jay joined in.

"Idiota." I chuckled.

Leo's pov:

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"What have I done?!?!!" I rubbed the temples of my forehead.

She thinks I'm a liar. She thinks I'm not trustworthy. I lost the only woman I ever loved. I lost my ray of sunshine. I lost my tesoro.

"How could you lie to her?!" Matteo flung open the door, followed by Javier entering the room. "More importantly, how could you lie to us about such a big thing?!"

"Don't you two think I feel terrible?! I lost the woman I love!"

"Love?" Javier's eyes widened.

"Yes. I love Azalea. I love her so fucking much."

"Then why did you lie to her?" Matteo asked, sitting beside me on the bed.

"Because I knew she would react exactly how she did tonight."

"Go apologize to her dammit, what are you doing here, sulking?!" Matteo smacked my shoulder.

"Don't you think I tried that, Einstein? She doesn't want to see me. If I go back, it'll cause more trouble."

"Did you tell her that you liked her for real and not just because of the deal?"

"Of course I did, Jav!"

"Okay stop shouting first of all and second, if you have already told her about your feelings, then what is she so mad about exactly?"

"Scarlett and Nate thought that we were actually getting married which caused Xander to land in the ICU. She almost lost her father because of this stupid deal."

They sighed.

"Get some rest man. Talk to her tomorrow. Maybe she'll cool off by then."

I nodded and they left the room, patting my back.

[The next morning]

I went to the Caruso Mansion, first thing in the morning.

Lea was NOT pleased to see me.

"What do you want?" She crossed her arms.

"Can we talk outside please?" I requested.

She turned around and walked to the backyard. I followed.

"Tesoro, just hear me out okay. I knew you would hate me so I was scared to tell you the truth. I wanted to trust me. My feelings were real. Everything was real."

"Apparently not everything." I scoffed. "I'm not mad at that Leo. I am mad because I almost lost my father. Us getting close was nothing but dangerous. Everything turned upside down. I cannot afford to lose someone again Leo. Call me a coward but I can't."

"You mean-"

"I cannot get close to you again. I'm sorry Leo."

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! I don't think you did but well... Is Azalea really cutting ties with Leo? What will they do now? What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;)ILYSMM xx