Chapter 35: Your favourites

[A few months later]

Leo's pov:

"Are you ready for this Leo?" asked Dad, patting on my shoulders.

"Did you ask me this when you were setting me up with her before?" I taunted.

"Oh well that *cough*"

"Anyway, I am ready." I felt knots grow in my stomach as I said that.

Today I'm going to take one of the most important steps of my life. I'm going to ask Lea to marry me.

We would've gotten married very early on if it wasn't for that stupid Gladius but then we wouldn't have confessed our feelings like this to each other. So I guess everything does happen for a reason eh?

Azalea's pov:

Leo told me to get dressed in my maroon satin dress because apparently we were going somewhere and it was a surprise. Well, I did as he told me to and when I checked my watch it was about 8 pm. Time for me to leave I guess.

I walked downstairs and saw Leo waiting for me in a black suit.

"You look perfect." He complimented.

"Can't say the same about you though." I joked.

"Aah, the good ol' sass but anyway, come with me." He pulled me to the backyard.

"What are we doing here Leo?" I asked.

"This is where we first met. In this exact place, in these exact clothes, at this exact time." He narrated. "Today marks two years since we first met. Two years since I met the love of my life, the most gorgeous woman I've ever laid eyes on."

I gulped nervously, not knowing what was happening.

"It took us ages to understand our feelings before so today I don't want to make that same mistake. Lea, you've made me feel emotions I have never felt before. Today I'm standing in front of you- no wait..." He corrected himself as he got down on one knee.

"Oh my god." I gasped.

"...I'm kneeling down in front of you and asking you something I've wanted to ask you for a long time now... Azalea Caruso, will you marry me? "

For a second I couldn't believe this was real. This was it. The moment we all have been waiting for. The reason why all of this started. The reason why we met in the first place. Tears filled my eyes as I broke my short silence.

"I'd never want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else. So yes. Yes, I will marry you, Leonardo Ricci."

Tears of joy rolled down my cheeks as he slid the ruby ring on my finger. I said yes to the best man in the world. My world. My Stronzo.

I don't know when and how all this happened. I don't know when and how I fell utterly and madly in love with Leonardo Ricci.

Leo's pov:

Tears of joy rolled down my cheeks. For the first time, I thought of crying as a symbol of strength. I had achieved the world. My world. My Tesoro.

I don't know when and how all this happened. I don't know when and how I fell utterly and madly in love with Azalea Caruso.

Azalea's pov:

"MY BROTHER IS ENGAGED!" Diana yelled out as all of our friends and family came out of hiding. "THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED!" She added.

"You little shit." Leo cursed, laughing, wiping his tears.

"MY AZZY IS ENGAGED!" Jay cheered. "THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED!"