Chapter 02: Tesoro

Leo's pov:

I was least interested about today but now I'm intrigued. I look at the fierce-looking woman in front of me. She had wheat coloured skin, dark black hair, falling till her shoulders, beautiful ice-blue eyes, a maroon dress that perfectly complimented her plump red lips. She was quite tall, about 5'10" I'd say. I could tell she doesn't wear heels too often and that she was forced to wear them today.

"Lea, how've you been!" Mom hugged her. They all greeted each other and hugged each other. If they're all such best friends, why am I meeting her for the first time?

"Why don't the two of you go talk in the backyard?" Vienna suggested. We nodded and I followed Azalea to the backyard.

[Back to Azalea]

"Soooo why Doberman?" I chuckled at my horrible ability to break the ice.

He chuckled before answering. "My dad gave me this nickname. According to him, Dobermen are fierce, strong, royal and people fear them. So yeah that's about it. I heard your dad calls you Giglio. Why's that?"

"Man we're really trying to get small talk here" I laughed. "Well when I was young, papa used to calm me down by giving me lilies whenever I cried. I always loved lilies so he started calling me Lily or Giglio if you will."

He smiled at my remark.

"You do realize that they want us to get married right?" he asked.

"Yep and it's not happening"

"Ouch. Am I that bad, tesoro (treasure)?"

"Oh shut up. Where's Diana?" I asked, changing the topic.

"She had some important assignment but she'll be here in about 10-15 minutes."

"Okay this is the most small talk I've ever had in my entire life." I sat on the lawn chair.

"Tell me about it, for me, it usually just goes down to buy a drink, flirt, have sex. Small talk isn't really my forte."

"Yeah I know, you have quite an image there"

"Amazing aren't I?" He swooped his fallen fringe.

"Sure, whatever floats your boat." I rolled my eyes.

"Also, how is it possible that our families know each other so well but we've never met before?" he asked.

"I know right? They are literally partners. Papa and Diana always talk about you but how come Diana never brought you to her fights."

"I always refuse to go with her and make some other plans but if I knew you were with her, maybe I would've considered coming along."

"Oh I feel honored" I mocked. "You should" he chuckled.

We laughed. Soon, small talk turned to opening up. I don't know why they call him cold or ruthless. Yes, he might be cocky but he is really sweet well till now he is.

"Hi Lea, Leo, how are we doing?"

"Diana! My favourite Ricci!" I stood up, running to go hug her.

"Tesoro, you're breaking my heart here." he sighed dramatically.

Diana Ricci, Leo's younger sister and also an assassin. She is my age and three years younger than Leo. She is the only one, other than my parents and Emma, who knows I'm Blaze. Yeah, you heard right, Leo doesn't know who he's dealing with here.

"Hello brother." she said, sneeringly.

"Hello sister." he rolled his eyes.

"So is my brother treating you right?"