Chapter 16: 1 month to forever?

Weeks passed by and we didn't hear from Gladius again. Today's the 18th of July. What's so special about it? Well, Leo and I were introduced to each other exactly a month ago. I have no idea how it's already been a month. I dunno if he remembers but I guess that's alright. Honestly, even I didn't realize it until I got about 20 texts from Emma talking about how she's so grateful I met him, blah blah. But anyways, I have a mission today and I gotta prepare for that now.

Leo's pov:

We haven't heard from Gladius in weeks and after Lea said that she thinks someone is helping him, I have had a strong feeling that the "someone" is Nate. I have nothing to prove it but I just have this very strong gut feeling. But moving on from the tragedy, guess what today is? It's 18th July which marks one month since Lea and I met. I dunno if she remembers but I guess that's alright. I wanna do something for her but that would be so corny like those high school couples who make out in the hallway and yell "I already miss you" after walking five feet away from each other. Ugh just thinking of that makes me want to throw up.

Anyways, I have to go handle some shipments with dad today and I heard Lea was going on a mission. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. I have to keep an eye on Nate.

Back to Azalea:

Aunty Emi, Victor and I reach this rusty, old mansion with only about two windows, both cracked and only a few bulbs radiating yellow light from the inside. What in the hell is this place?

We go in and find my target like we always do. 

"Lea, duck!" Aunty yelled.

I quickly ducked while a knife flew right above my head. How the hell did I not see that?

I couldn't see anyone standing in front so I just fired at the direction where the knife came from and in a few seconds heard a groan. Gotcha.

"Vic, look out!" I warned as a burly man's fist flew right above his head while he ducked.

He gave him a few punches and took a few and eventually knocked him out.

People kept attacking us and we got a little bruised up while fighting but eh we killed them all.

We knocked down about 10 people before we found our target. He was hiding in a small dark room. Of course he is a coward, he's Gladius' associate.

"Ready to die?" I asked as I pointed my gun at him.

"Sure, kill me but your time will come soon." He laughed.

"Everyone says that but look, I'm still here. Saluta Gladius da parte mia." I chuckled as I pulled the trigger.

"Scar-lett won't spare- y-ou." He murmured as he took his last breaths.

Scarlett? Wait- Leo's- no no it's impossible. Probably some new associate Gladius got.

"Vic, send his body to Gladius." I commanded.

"On it." He nodded.

"Let's blow this place up." I said to Aunty who was already setting up explosives around.

We quickly ran out the place and soon.. *explosion*

The entire car ride home, all I could think about was what the man said about Scarlett. It can be a coincidence right? It's a very common name and I don't even know her last name.

Anyways, so we went back home and I found Leo already sitting on the couch, waiting.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Waiting for you. Now come with me."  He stated as he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me upstairs. 

"What the hell was that?" I asked him as he loosened his grip.

"I'm just excited that you're all bruised up." He grinned.

"What the- what is wrong with you?"

"Uh that came out wrong. I meant I'm excited that now I get to patch up your wounds."

"You're an idiot, you know that?" 

"I know, now sit your ass down." He pointed at the bed.

I did as he said while he brought the first aid box and sat next to me. He started putting ointments on my wounds. I've never seen him so excited and giggly. What's up with this guy today?

"What's with you being so excited today?" I asked.

"Nothing...it's just a good day today." He stated, not looking up and still patching up my wounds.

"Good day? Why, because we met one month ago today?" I giggled.

"You remember?" he looked up.

"Of course I do. How can I forget the day I met your dumbass? I'm surprised you remember."

"Of course I do. How can I forget the day I met your mean ass?" he chuckled.

"Well played Doberman. Well played."

"You know, you caling me Doberman like that doesn't help my urge to keep it in my pants."

"I know. That's why I call you that." I teased.

"Oh you're gonna be sorry for that." He said as she shoved the first aid box aside and pushed me back on the bed.

I let out a ridiculously loud giggle in response to which he covered my mouth and laughed and quickly went and closed the door. I will never get used to this feeling, this touch, this taste, this voice, this whole entire man. Never. Every time I feel that I've started to get know him more or understand him more, he manages to surprise me. This whole one month thing might be quite stupid but I never thought he, who used to forget the names of the women he slept with, would remember this small thing.

[About an hour later]

Leo's pov:

*phone rings*

"Yeah Matt, talk to me." I answered the call.

"Leo, Nate is near Lea's place."

"What?"

"Yeah and he's been there for the last 15-20 minutes."

"Shit! Lea's in the backyard and no one else is home, I'll go inform her." I said quickly as I hung up and sprinted to the backyard.

"Tesoro! Lea! Where are you?!" I frantically turned my head around to look for her. I couldn't find her anywhere. Where the hell is she?!

"Oh my god! What happened? Why are you yelling?!" She came, running out from behind me.

"Oh thank god!" I tightly gripped her arms. "You're here!" I sighed in relief.

"Where was I gonna go?" she looked at me, still confused about the situation.

"Nate's here." I whispered.

"What? Where?" she whispered back.

"He's here and has been here since the past 20 minutes."

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"I don't know but since you said that Gladius had someone helping him this whole I had a thought that.."

"Oh my god, Nate might be the one helping Gladius." She let out a deep breath.

"Exactly."

I shifted my eyes away from her and saw a head peeking out from behind the wall.

"Lea, don't turn around too quick. I think I spotted Nate. He's peeking through the wall." I said to her, loosening my grip.

"Is he still peeking?" She asked.

"No, why?"

"He knows you saw him. We gotta attack."

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! Nate's still at it ugh. Nate is caught! What will they do? more importantly, what will he do? What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx