Chapter 11: Gunshots are like chirping birds now

Hearing the gunshots, the music was turned off and there was chaos. People screamed and ran except for some of the Mafia men and women who shot back at the men in the black skull mask. Galdius' men.

Leo and I took out our guns and we shot back. The hall was empty now with three people left who were shooting back along with us. Everyone ran except these three. Fucking cowards.

*gunshots* 1 down....2 down...3 down and it went on and just like that the shooting stopped. Silence. Just as we thought it was over, more men jumped down the 2nd floor and this time fighting hand to hand. The other three people with us were dead along with one of Gladius' men. Only Leo and I were up against five men now.

I was caught by 3 men, my hands captivated but legs free and swinging. Leo still fighting with two. I swung my legs backwards with great force to hit their knees causing them to fall. *punch* *punch* the other one down.

*gunshot* *gunshot* *gunshot* the three men were dead.

Soon there were about 6 dead bodies inside the hall and about 8 dead bodies outside. Gladius really put up 14 people to risk and still couldn't win. Tough luck.

Leo and I walked to his car. Bruises on our hands and legs were now blue black with blood coming out of a few.

"Are you okay Leo?" I asked, eyeing his wounds.

"I'm fine, you?" he asked.

"Never better" I laughed. "Let's go home and we'll patch these up" I suggested.

He nodded as he started the car and we drove off. We were almost at my house when he broke his silence again.

"Gladius is becoming bolder. He sent his men to the ball and I'm pretty sure it was just for us" He sighed.

"He'll get angrier now. He'll get more and more impatient with us" I added.

"We have to stay alert now. We have to tell ur parents about this, Lea"

"I'm pretty sure they already know"

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

"Because they're standing right there" I pointed at our main entrance, where our parents were waiting for us.

We got out of the car and walked towards them while Diana gasped at our wounds.

"Oh my god are you two okay?" Mom asked.

"We're fine, just a little sore" Leo assured.

"It was Gladius wasn't it?" Papa asked.

"He sent 14 of his men to kill us but they ended up killing 3 other people" I explained.

"Rio. Office. Let's go" Papa turned to Dario.

He nodded in response and they walked inside.

"C'mon go upstairs and clean this up" Camilla patted our backs and went inside with mom.

"Oh and by the way Lea, the pendant looks great." Camilla laughed and walked away.

I looked at Leo, hiding my urge to laugh.

Leo and I went to my room, and we applied ointment on our wounds.

[At Gladius' warehouse] [Nate's pov]

"You all had one job and only one of you make it back alive?! You had to kill two people but your dumbasses ended up killing three completely random people! I LOST FOURTEEN MEN BECAUSE OF THIS!" Gladius scolded.

"Sorry boss, we didn't think this through well" The man apologized.

"No shit sherlock!"

"Uncle, let it be. I have someone I'd like you to meet" I turned around, signaling Scarlett to come forward. "This is Scarlett. Leonardo's ex" I introduced.