Chapter 08: Players and protectors

Leo's pov:

Rage. That's what I felt at that moment. Who was that and why was Lea just letting him say whatever he was? She isn't the kind to let anyone walk over her like that. I watched that coward bolt out the door and then I turned towards her.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine Leo" she let out a deep breath.

"Who the hell was he?"

"Nate Black. He WAS our friend and IS one of my papa's associates but he suddenly started acting weird towards me so Em, Jay and I stopped hanging out with him"

"What was he talking to you about?"

"You."

"Me?"

"He wanted me to not get married to you and blah blah"

Idiota. If I ever get married, it will be no one else but her. I'd like to see that dumbass stop me.

"How long has he been after you?"

"Hey, hey c'mon now. Let it go. He won't do anything"

Oh I'm sure he will.

"You need to tell your papa about about this"

She nodded as she sighed. I knew she wasn't going to but I still had some hope. Maybe she will.

"Let's go back eh?" she tilted her head toward the couch we were sitting on earlier.

I nodded and we walked back to our friends.

"What took y'all so long?" Emma asked.

"Nate was here" Lea rolled her eyes.

"Let me guess.. to talk shit about Leo?"

"Ding ding ding" Lea made a ringing bell sound.

"Ugh what is the matter with that guy? I swear to god I'm this close to slitting his throat" Jay groaned as he made a pinch gesture with his fingers.

"Enough about him okay? Let's just talk about something else" Lea shushed everyone.

And so we did. We talked about past missions, awkward highschool stories, embarrassing moments and all that normal friends talk about.

[At Nate's] [Nate's pov]

*recording stops*

"Do you need any more proof?" I asked, putting my phone on the table beside me.

"They really are together" Scarlett huffed. "That's not right!"

"Exactly. So, I have this person in mind, who might be able to help us" I smirked.

"Who?" she asked, curiously.

"Gladius Clemonte"

"Let's do this"

Back to Azalea:

We went back to our houses except for Leo, who tagged along with me.

Not even two steps into my room and we're already half undressed. Matteo went back with Emma. Jay must be disgusted. I can't help but chuckle at the thought.

"What's making you so giggly tesoro?" He asked as he pulled back from the kiss.

"Just thinking about how disgusted Jay must be right now since Matteo went to Emma's"

He threw me back on the bed and left soft kisses all over my neck and slowly coming down to my chest. He was chuckling at the same time, which made his warm breath dance on my skin with each parting of his lips.