Chapter 29: Wedding bells, same hotels

[A few weeks later]

Azalea's pov:

I avoided Leo for a few weeks and spent most of my time with Easton. Emma and Jay flew down for a few days and we did a little wedding shopping. The wedding was taking place in Greece. It is Em's favourite city.

*phone rings*

"Aunty Emi, how are you?"

"I am very well but I hear you're not." The jolly, high voice of hers turned to a deep one.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine."

"My spies told me you met Leo again."

"What spies?" I inquired."Emma told you, didn't she?"

"Doesn't matter. You tell me. How are you holding up."

"Honestly, I am confused. He has made it quite clear that he likes me but I don't know what to do."

"Do you like him?"

"More than anything in the world."

"Then it's not even a question."

"But-"

"What if your mother did the same thing which you're doing now?"

"Huh?"

"Tell me."

"It would've been the biggest mistake. They are soulmates!"

"You got the answer then. For once flower, listen to your heart and not your head."

"I'll think about it."

Deep down I knew she was right. But I was always the one to listen to my head. I know they say "listen to your heart" but heart means too many emotions and too many emotions mean weakness and weakness means defeat.

[A few weeks later]

Emma and Matteo had already left and now it was time for the rest of us to leave for Greece.

"Are you all packed up?" Asked Easton who stood by the brown ashwood door with a Tourister by his side.

"Yeah let's head out." I slid my Delsey out the door and we drove to our private jet.

"You sure Leo won't mind me joining you?" he asked with a smug look on his face.

"What- Why would he mind?"

"I mean he sure looked pressed at the restaurant."

"You recognized him?"

"Just as much as you did." He chuckled. "I didn't know the women's bathroom allowed men to go in."

"You knew?"

"You know, for an assassin, you're bad at sneaking off."

"He was bleeding so I took him inside to clean the wound up."

"You still care."

"Of course I do."

"Can I tell you something?" he asked, placing my palm in his hands.

I nodded.

"When did you become such a fucking coward, woman?"

"Excuse me?"

"The Lea I know isn't scared of anyone or anything. No matter what hindrance comes in her path, she overcomes it without any problem."

"Where are you going with this?"

"You know exactly where I'm going with this. He agreed to Gladius' torture to keep you safe. He killed to keep you safe. Literally. He came to the restaurant dressed as a waiter, fought a guy who hit on you. Yes, I saw that too. I swear Lea, tell me you don't want him, I'll go shoot my shot. I could have me a guy like him any day."