Chapter 24: Just an alliance.

The next morning was rather cheerful. My dad was stable and awake but kept under observation for a few more days before he could be discharged.

"What the fuck is this noise?!" I groaned as I rubbed my eyes and walked out of my room. Oh, the Riccis are here.

I freshened up and walked downstairs. I saw Leo leaning by the stairway in a white tank and some black jeans. Now, THIS is what I call a morning view.

"Are you done staring or do you need another minute?" He smirked.

"Don't flatter yourself." I rolled my eyes.

"Sureeee. Anyway, do you have any plans today?" he asked.

"No, why?"

"Well... we have another charity ball tonight and..."

"You want me to go with you again? Leo, you know this is getting exhausting now. You know I don't like these things!"

"Oh, I'm sorry." His face fell.

"Oh god no I'm so sorry! I was kidding!"

"You little-"

"I'm sorry I didn't know you would get so sad!"

"A sorry won't help ya know." He walked closer to me. "What you just did was so fucking cruel. Soul crushing even." He brought his face closer.

"How can I make it up to you then?" I giggled.

"Oh, there's one way." He grazed his finger lightly over my hip dip.

"Well then." I placed my hand on his chest, brushing my lips to his. "Too bad, stronzo." I whispered.

I walked away from him.

"Fucking cockblock!" He rolled his eyes.

"Cry about it."

Lea- 1, Leo- 0

I went over to the dining table and sat down. Leo walked over to the chair beside me and sat down.

"I'm not done with you yet." He whispered and started munching on his toast.

Yeah, I might have shivered a little but let's move on.

After breakfast, Diana, Emma and I went for some dress shopping for the gala.

"Ugh, I hate these galas so much." Diana groaned.

"Because Leo doesn't let you bring a date?" I giggled.

"Exactly! He treats me like I'm still 5. So fucking annoying!"

"Ignore him. Just bring a date, I'll handle him."

"You're the best sister-in-law ever!" She cheered. "Too soon?"

"Way too soon."

"Sorry." she giggled.

We walked into the shop and tried on, what felt like a million dresses till we finally found one we wanted.

"Jesus! We spent three hours in there!" Emma gasped.

"Correction. YOU spent three hours in there." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Let's go back now."

[7 pm (an hour before the gala)]

I changed into my dress and I came out to see Leo already standing there, his tall figure leaning on the doorframe of my room.

"You're here early." I giggled as I stood in front of the mirror, pulling the zipper of the dress up.

"Couldn't wait." He said as he walked towards me and took a hold of the zipper. I took my hair out of his way.