𝐯𝐢𝐢. 복잡한

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

복잡한    /    𝐂 𝐇 . 007

❛ 𝙴𝙻𝙴𝙶𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴 ❜ੈ✩‧₊˚ ━━【COMPLICATED】✧

❛ 𝙴𝙻𝙴𝙶𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴 ❜
ੈ✩‧₊˚ ━━【COMPLICATED】✧.*
。⋆☂˚。 ┆ 章.優雅 ┊ ˚➶ 。˚

𝗔 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗗𝗢𝗘𝗦𝗡’𝗧 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗗𝗢𝗘𝗦𝗡’𝗧 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I WAS BEGINNING TO understand Taehyung a lot more.

He really wasn't that complicated-but layered.

He possessed a dark shadow that followed him everywhere he went, even in the pitch darkness. For someone so wealthy and successful, he seemed perpetually somber. Nothing made him happy-even a kiss from a woman.

He spoke of his family fondly, so he had people that cared for him.

Then why was he like this?

Was this all because of work?

Money was important-but not that important.

Or maybe I just thought that because I didn't have any.

I spent my day in the stables, grooming the horses, feeding them, and even learning to saddle them.

Felix was a nice lad, and he never asked about my relationship with Taehyung.

He didn't even ask where I was from. The only thing we talked about was the weather and the horses.

Which was fine by me. altogether, and each one had a very different personality.

The only one I couldn't get along with was yeontan, the black stallion that had his own section of land.

Completely black with a matching mane, he was majestic and terrifying.

Sometimes his neighs would erupt out of nowhere, and he possessed a sinister presence that I could sense-even as a human.

Felix was the only one that handled him, and even then, it was difficult.

"If yeontan is so difficult, why does Taehyung keep him?"

"He's his horse."

"Aren't they all his horses?" I stood at the fence and propped one foot on the bottom strip of wood.

Out here, I really felt like I was in a different world. I hadn't even seen a car in a few weeks. It was nothing like hong-dae, which was full of smog, people, and traffic. Out here, it was nothing but fresh air and beauty.

"Yes. But this horse is special to him. It's the only one he'll ride."

"yeontan?" I asked in surprise. "He won't even come to the fence when I have a carrot."

"He's picky. Has a bit of an ego as the only male on the land."

No wonder why Taehyung preferred him-they had the same personality. "Makes sense..."

"And his father gave him that horse."

"Does his father ride?"

"I don't know much about Mr. Kim." Felix rested his elbows on the fence. "I just know he's rich, powerful...and a bit intimidating. Doesn't say much. The times he's been here, all I've gotten is a nod from him."

"Like father, like son..."

Felix chuckled. "I think you're right."

"Thanks for showing me the ropes around here. It's nice to be outside in the fresh air. And the horses are beautiful..."

"No problem. I get a bit lonely out here with all this peace and quiet." He stared at yeontan, who nibbled on the grass clear on the other side. The second we approached, he moved away like we were pestering him. "It's nice to have someone to talk to."

"Do you live around here?"

"I have a little villa around with my mother. Iam still in high school. I work part-time here."

"That's nice."

"I didn't know what else to do as i have school fees and a mother to take care of and because work is hard to find around here. That's when sir Taehyung offered me the job. And I like it a lot more than studying all day. I get to take care of these beautiful steeds with a gorgeous view. I'm pretty lucky."

I stared at yeontan as the surprise erupted inside my body. I didn't expect such generosity from a man who claimed to be evil.

He danced on the very edge, swaying between good and evil. He was both and neither at the same time.

On the one hand, he saved my life by paying a fortune to keep me away from taeyong. But on the other hand, he took my freedom in compensation.

Didn't make much sense. "I don't understand Taehyung."

"He's complicated, to say the least," felix said with a chuckle. "He cares about money too much. I think if he walked away from it, he would be a lot happier."

"But it seems to be the only thing that does make him happy."

"No. Success is what makes him happy. He wants to leave a mark on the world. But since he's always in competition with himself, he always wants to improve. He'll work himself to death even though he's already the best at what he does. Work will be his downfall."

Taehyung wanted to keep me because of the way I inspired him. And he refused to feel any connection with me or any other woman to keep things meaningless. Felix knew Taehyung well, and he'd made the same observation I did.

Work really was all he cared about.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

000. 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑

I encourage you to Comment and Vote if you enjoy the story. I read all the comments, and I love to strike up conversations and answer any questions and concerns that you may have. I wouldn't be creating this content if it wasn't for you. With that being said, I hope you enjoy the story and don't forget to stay safe and healthy also be hydrated.