Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I was awoken at around two in the morning with a phone call. I grumbled as I turned in bed and answered it. The caller ID said the caller was my mum.

“What do you want?” I mumble into the receiver.

My mum lets out a low chuckle “Babe, I just wanted to ask how you are doing? How are you and dad doing?”

“Well, I’m fine, and my father has forgotten about me once again.” I knew my dad was trying, but I didn’t want to trust him again. I had just seen him again last week, and he convinced me how he changed, but it’s the same thing. He hasn’t called or texted or anything since I last saw him. It’s going to be the same thing, nothing is going to change, and we are just going to drift apart again.

“He’s trying.” My mum says quietly.

I sigh “I know. Mum pick a better time to call me next time. Good night” I mumble as my mum hangs up with a laugh. I was wide awake now, I couldn’t go back to sleep. I look out of my window to see it was snowing, as I sat near the window seat for a bit, just watching the snow. It looked so nice, light, and fluffy. The scene was breath taking. After much deciding, I took my coat and decided to go out in the snow. Wow Valerie you’re so smart, go Valerie! Not…

*~*~*~*~*~*

It was dark, cold, and I was scared. Everything was pitched black making it impossible for me to see much. I was wondering around for a couple of hours, I needed to think some things out. The whole thing with Niall, and my dad. My brain throbbed thinking of these two people. I felt footsteps following me as I picked up my pace. Fear shot up through every ounce in my being, I was running now. I needed to get back to the cabin. As my footsteps sped up, so did the person’s behind me. I was so scared, I was such an idiot for leaving the cabin. I honestly thought I was going to die.

“Hey, hey, slow down” I heard a familiar voice call over me. I recognized it was Marcus voice so I slowed down. Once he was caught up I slapped his arm.

He laughs “What was that for?”

“For making me think I was going to die!” I cry out.

Marcus lets out a bark of laughter “Why are you out of your cabin, it’s not safe to be here alone.”

I looked away avoiding eye contact. Well it was pretty dark so it wasn’t like I could actually see his sparkling blue eyes.

“I needed to get my mind off some things.” I sigh explain a little of what I was doing out here.

“About Niall?” Marcus asks.

“Yeah.” Was all my reply.

“Well, Valerie, I know we only met, but I want you to know that you can talk to me about anything and everything.” Marcus tells me reassuringly.

“I know, but hey, Marcus what are you doing out here all alone? It’s not safe remember?” I asked mimicking his voice. Marcus laughs starting to walk. I didn’t even know we were just standing there in the middle of the snow.

“Well, same thing as you, I needed to get something off my mind.” Marcus says with a small sigh.

“Oh God, don’t tell me you like Niall too?” I ask, sarcasm lacing with every word.

Marcus laughs, his voice ringing in my ears. “You’re funny. But sadly, no. I was just thinking about my mom and her wedding I haven’t talked to her in years and it’s going to be so weird seeing her again.”

“Oh, I feel you on that one. What about your dad if you don’t mind by asking?” I ask him.

“My dad died a while back.” Marcus says quietly, his voice barely audible.