Chapter 50

Chapter 50

 "I swear, you can't do anything right."

I let out a small sigh as I fumbled with Niall's collar, trying to fix it. I straightened out his jacket, and fixed the cuff of his sleeves, running a hand through his hair.

"Where would I be without you?" Niall cooed as he pinched my cheeks. I rolled my eyes at him as I fixed my own dress, adjusting my curls that cascaded down my back.

A cold draft of wind blew through the garden, making me shiver. The vows were going to be exchanged in this beautiful garden that was lit up by the sunset, all the beautiful pastel colors combining to form a beautiful ombre effect. The white chair that sat all the guests had been draped with starry night blue satin ribbon, tying in the theme of the wedding beautifully.  

Everyone was seated anxiously waiting for Ashley to walk down that aisle. I fidgeted with my fingers as I glanced over at Jake and Lacey who were sitting next to each other.  Everyone was able to make it, the rest of the group sitting in the rows behind and across from me.

The only person who was missing was Josh. I needed to talk to him about our idea for his future, but I couldn't get a hold of him.

Taylor was sitting next to me on one side, and Niall on the other. All the girls looked absolutely stunning, their dresses matching their personalities beautifully.

Taylor looked through her phone, locking and unlocking it.

"You okay?" I asked quietly, not wanting to attract that much attention towards me.

"Is he really not going to come?" She asked as she looked up from her phone. I pursed my lips as I thought about Josh, not knowing what the bloody hell happened to him.

Last night, I had gone to go have a long heart to heart with Taylor, wanting to know her feelings of how she felt towards Josh.

I knew exactly what Taylor was going through, completely perplexed at how one kiss can change her perspective on everything. How one kiss can make you discover hidden feelings, making you question if that kiss was for the better or worse. She knew she had feelings for Josh, but didn't know how strong the feelings were, or if he felt the same. She didn't want to feel this way about one of her best friends, yet she did.

"I don't know. Honestly if Josh-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence as I was cut off by a small cough.

"I heard my name?"

I snapped my head away from Taylor and glanced up to where the sound was coming from. My eyes were held captive with Josh's a small smirk playing his lips.

"Where have you been?!" Taylor hissed at him. His eyes went from Taylor to me, not replying to her question.

"Why do you care Taylor? I swear you act like we are dating and it gets fu*king annoying-" He asked with a roll of his eyes as he ran a hand through his perfectly done hair.

"Hey watch your mouth" I snap at him, giving him an angry glare. He looks down at me and sighs, walking over to another row to take his seat.

The second Josh is out of ear shot, I turn towards Taylor, my eyes wide.

"Is there something you aren't telling me? Taylor, did you two talk or something after the kiss?" I ask completely baffled at Josh's rude behavior towards us.

"No! I have no idea what the hell his problem is." She mutters under her breath.

I shrug my shoulder before I turn towards Niall who was typing away on his phone. I sighed before I leaned back on my chair, wishing the ceremony would begin already.