Chapter 51

Chapter 51

His lips automatically responded with mine, my body being pushed into the wall, his hands on either side of my body. Our lips moved quickly, yet there was no feeling. All I felt was rebellion, a feeling that excited me. In that moment I wasn’t even thinking, it hadn’t even occurred to me what was going on.

His lips were pressed hard against mine, his tongue trying to separate my pursed lips, trying to gain access. I denied him and broke the kiss, I tried to get some air into my lungs, as I panted, holding my chest with one hand and holding my throbbing head with the other.

I heard footsteps come down the hallway as my eyes grew wide. I pushed Mason away from me, as he stared at me, confession clear in his eyes.

“This…” I panted, trying to get the words out. The footsteps grew louder with every passing seconds, just as my heart beat.

“This, it never happened.” I finally stated giving Mason one last look before my feet were moving beneath me.

“Wait!” Mason called, but I barely heard him over my heart. I pushed open the door to the bathrooms and stepped in, out of breath. A couple moments passed by before Eleanor opened the door and stepped in, as she ruffled her hair.

“Gosh, I’m so sorry it took so long, Taylor and Josh got into a fight and she ended up leaving! I tried to stop her but she wasn’t listening. What with them?!” Eleanor said as she applied another layer of lip gloss. My thoughts raced as I remembered what I was here for, and I turned the tap on, watching the water flow as I grabbed some paper towels. The paper towels absorbed the water as I tried to take my mind off what happened. Do I tell Niall, or should I just keep it to myself? I don’t want to tell him, we are finally giving our relationship a shot and I don’t think it’s the right time. I’m just glad Eleanor doesn’t seem suspicious, so she didn’t see anything. Wait a minute, Taylor left? Her and Josh got into another argument?! All of a sudden, Eleanor’s words sunk an as I looked towards her.

“Wait, what were they arguing about?!” I asked giving her my full attention.

“I’m not sure when I got there it was pretty bad. Josh was yelling at her and she either looked like she was going to break down any minute or punch him. I tried to tell them to calm down, but before I knew it she was running out!”

I dabbed the moist paper towel on my dress as my eyebrows scrunched onto my forehead. What the bloody hell is happening between those two?

I threw the paper towel into the bin as I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath. Tonight was going to be a long night and the constant guilt tugging at my heart wasn’t going to help.

*

Niall and I ended up coming home from the wedding at midnight, both of us tipsy. I giggled as I tried to make open the door to my home, and Niall laughed behind me.

I didn’t plan on drinking too much but every time I looked at Niall I felt disgusted at myself and I ended up drinking a little more than planned.

The door flew open as Niall wrapped his arm around me from behind. I laughed, kicking my shoes off and shutting the front door quietly.

“Shh! Everyone is probably sleeping.”

The lights were turned out and everyone had left before us. Harry had offered to take Lacey home since Josh left shortly after Taylor did. Speaking of Taylor I Really needed to go up and talk to her, I know there is something she isn’t telling me, something isn’t making sense here. Josh and her fought, but it was just banter, they ever actually got pissed at each other! It’s so unlike them! Mum wanted to leave before Annette got a hold of her, and I totally understood. My throat felt so parched that it distracted me from my thoughts. I walked into the kitchen and quickly poured myself a refreshing glass of water, setting it on the counter momentarily as I put the water jug away.