Chapter 47

Chapter 47 (idk man)

“Okay, okay, what do you ship more, Zarry or Lilo?” I asked, my sides still hurting from all the laughing.

The gentle breeze hit me making goose bumps appear on my legs. The scenery was beautiful, I’m talking about breath taking.

Niall had bought me to a peaceful little meadow in the middle of nowhere. On top of the leaves lay different autumn colored leaves, reds, browns, and yellows splattered through the entire meadow.

The tree rustled together as the birds chirped off in the distance, and every once in a while, we could hear squirrels, running from tree to tree.

“Zarry, I mean come on, their like my OTP.” Niall laughed looking over at me, giving me a lob sided grin.

I giggled slightly bringing my knees up to my chest, neatly tucking them behind my chin.

“Open up!” Niall stated as he bought slice of pizza up to my lips. This is what I loved about Niall, we didn’t need to go to fancy restaurant to have fun, all we needed was each other.

As cliché as that sounded it was true.

Take this date as an example, it was just us two, sitting in the middle of a meadow eating pizza and drinking Coke.

And in my opinion, nothing can be better. I took a bit out of the pizza, chewing quickly before I let out small burp.

Niall chuckled, “Classy, Valerie.”

I flipped him the bird as I took a sip from my soda, letting out an earth rumbling belch.

“Don’t be jealous, Horan.”

Niall’s laughter was carried through the night, before it died down slowly. I had no idea what time it was, but a couple of hours had passed since we first got here. Tonight was fun, simple. It just consisted of two people who cared about one another, cracking jokes and remembering the past.

“Hey, I got you something.” Niall stated as he started digging through his pockets, trying to find something.

“Niall, why?” I stated, feeling my cheeks redden at the thought of Niall actually taking time to get me something.

Niall ignored me and continued to dig through his pocket, before his eyes lit up and he bought a small velvet box out of his pocket, and wrapped his fingers around it.

He slight coughed, his eyes making contact with mine once again.

“Listen, last time we, you know, tried to make things work between us, it didn’t. And all the awkwardness after it was something that I couldn’t bear. I really felt like I had lost you, and I don’t want it to happen again. So I got you this.” He stated gently opening his palm to reveal the velvet box. He slowly opened it, to reveal a beautifully sparking silver banded ring, with a small, stunning heart in the middle.

I was about to open my mouth my speak, but I was at a loss for words.

“It is sort of like a promise ring, like, erm the outcome of our relationship won’t affect our friendship” He stated, his voice coming fainter with every word, and with seconds, my arms wrapped around his neck loosely.

“Thank you Niall, it’s beautiful.” I mumbled against his hair, my heart still fluttering from his words.

“You’re welcome.” He stated as he awkwardly patted my back. I pulled apart from our loose hug and looked admiringly at the ring. It was honestly stunning.

I took it out of the box and slid it over my finger a perfect fit!

“You really didn’t have to get me a ring Niall.” I said slightly, mesmerized by the ring’s beauty.