Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I wasn’t planning to wake up anytime soon, even though I fell asleep in paint. When my eyelids fluttered open, I saw a little blonde boy with huge green eyes staring down at me with a small smile on his face. Looks like I slept on the floor in the garage last night, no wonder I was so stiff. A huge grin was plastered on my face when I saw the little guy.

“Hello, I’m Valerie.” I greeted. In the moment I didn’t really care what this kid was doing at my mum’s house I jus t think he was the cutest little boy I have ever aid eyes on.

“I’m Jacob.” He said sticking his hand out to shake mine. Then I remembered, he had changed so much. The last time I had seen Jacob was when he was two, and now he was at least six or seven. Wait, if Jacob was here then that meant…Aunt Jessie was here!

“If your mummy here?” I asked the little one.

“Yeah, she’s in the kitchen!” He said while smiling a broad smile.

I grabbed Jacob, careful not to get paint on him, even though it was already dried on my clothes and hair and clothes and everywhere else, and attacked his sides.

“You changed so much since I last saw you.” I laughed as he begged me to stop.

Once I let him go, Jacob looked at me, his eyes filled with wonder, and his eyebrows scrunched together on his forehead.

“Why do you talk differently?” He asked his voice curious. I let out a chuckle, shaking my head. Aunt Jessie moved from London a couple years back, and she had lost her accent from what I knew. She married someone from the states, so I guess Jacob just wasn’t used to the accent.

“I got abducted by aliens.” I said a serious expression on my face. Jacob let out a gasp, his small hand flying over to his mouth. It took every ounce in my being not to laugh at his action.

“Are you alright?” He whispered.

“I’m fine.” I told him bopping my head up and down.

“Come on little guy, let’s go find your mummy.” I laughed before scooping him up in my arms.

“I’m a big boy.” Jacob whined huffing. I laughed, but didn’t let go of him.

“But, your favorite cousin here hasn’t seen you in a pretty long time! She just wants to hold you. If you don’t want me to hold you, I’m going to be very sad.” I said a sad expression on my face as I held my heart. Jacob looked at me with wide eyes before wrapping his little arms around my neck.

“Don’t cry, I don’t like it when people cry, it makes me sad.” He whispered. I hugged him back, smiling to myself. Once he had hugged me I carried him inside of the house.

The second I walked in, I heard Aunt Jessie and my mum laughing over old memories.

“THE PARTY DON’T START UNTIL I WALK IN.” I screamed walking into the house closing the door behind me. I heard Jessie chuckle before she appeared in the kitchen, she looked just like my mum. She had beautiful blonde hair that fell a little above her waist. Her green eyes eyed me up and down.

“Valerie, oh my lord, look at how much you changed! Look! You even grew some boobs!” Jessie screamed pointing towards my chest. I laughed; I had missed Aunt Jessie so much. Her and my mum were total nut jobs, and just totally crazy.

“Jessie!” I whined laughing. I never really called her “Aunt Jessie” because she whined it made her feel old.

“I see you found Jacob.” Jessie chuckled at the little boy in my arms.