Chapter 27

Chapter 27

~NIALL’S POINT OF VIEW~

What have I done? Why the hell would I do that? I just ruined everything, any friendship me and Valerie had, I ruined it. I risked everything by kissing her. There was nothing I could do. I sat in my room staring at the darkness covering my eyes. It pretty dark and the only sounds were Harry snoring. I needed to ignore her, to push her away. I couldn’t keep going with this. Right when I thought my feelings for her could be contained I went out to kiss her. So bloody stupid, I should win an award for being the biggest retard in the world.

These are the problems when you fall in love with your best friend… I just needed to act like nothing happened, and maybe Valerie will act the same way back because it’s obvious she didn’t feel the same. I loved her with everything in me and she didn’t feel the same.

~VALERIE’S POINT OF VIEW~

What have I done? Why the hell would I do that? I just ruined everything, any friendship me and Niall had, I ruined it. I risked everything by kissing him. There was nothing I could do. I sat in my room staring out of the window watching the snow fall around our cabin. I needed to ignore him, to push him away. I couldn’t keep going with this. Right when I thought my feelings for him could be contained, I kissed him. So bloody stupid, I should win an award for being the biggest retard in the world.

These are the problems when you fall in love with your best friend… I just needed to act like nothing happened, and maybe Niall will act the same way back because it’s obvious he didn’t feel the same. I loved him with everything in me and he didn’t feel the same.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I walked out of the shower, my hair up in a towel when I brushed shoulders with Niall.

“Hi” He says a perky smile on his lips. He acted like nothing had happened last night, like the kiss never happened. It broke my heart, I knew that he didn’t feel the same way, but to me that kiss was magical. It sucks to know that Niall didn’t feel anything special.

“Hey” I say with a fake smile playing my lips. I was hurt, my heart had shattered, and I couldn’t take this anymore.

“The blizzard warnings were called off, and they are letting us go through with any activities we want.” Niall tells me smiling down at me.

This time a genuine smile played my lips, I couldn’t help it. Niall’s words made my heart flutter, and I tried to not smile. Basically I looked like my face was having a spasm, trying to contain my happiness.

Niall laughed running his thumb over my face, “Are you okay?” He asked.

I laugh “I’m fine.”

“Go change, we are all waiting for you.” Niall said before turning around, leaving me standing in the middle of the hallway in just my bathrobe. I wanted to tell him that Marcus was going to be my step-brother but that would just bring up a conversation about what happened last night. I would do anything to never talk about that kiss, ever.

~NIALL’S POINT OF VIEW~

I saw Valerie try to walk into her room, and I couldn’t help myself. I told myself that I was going to try to push her away, but I couldn’t. Her smile, her lips, her face, I couldn’t help myself. When Valerie pushed away the kiss I realized that it meant nothing to her. It was just an act of brotherly and sister actions. My heart broke when she had ignored our kiss and moved onto a new conversation like nothing had even happened. That kiss probably felt like nothing to her, but it made my heart flutter, my stomach erupt with butterflies, and my mind fog. She had this affect on me that no one has ever else had. It’s like she had me under a spell, or a trance.