Chapter 38

• Dedicated to My angel, Anna <3

Chapter 38

BANG.

I immediately shot up in bed and frowned. What on earth was making that horrid noise? I waited a couple of minutes, sitting up in bed, however no sound followed. I relaxed, and just as I was about to lie back down in bed, I heard cursing coming from the kitchen. My first reaction would be to think that it had been Taylor, however this voice was clearly a man's. My blood turned to ice as I froze in fear.

Oh God, please let me live through this

I begged silently as I stood up from my bed. It could have been Josh, but what the hell would he have been doing in the kitchen? I made my way out of my room and stood on top of the stair case, peering down. I could see no one, but I heard the light tap's of impatient footsteps tapping gently against the wooden floor of the kitchen. I quietly made my way down the stairs, trying not to draw attention towards me. Once I had reached the entrance to the kitchen, I looked around to see a boy with his back turned towards me. Immediately I knew it was Niall, and my suspicions were confirmed when he cursed loudly after dropping yet another pan on the floor. He cursed a couple of colorful words before bending down to pick it up. When he bended down to pick up the plate he may have noticed a figure standing in the door way because he turned to look at me.

"You awake sleeping beauty?" He laughed.

I nodded my head, the bun on top of my head bopping up and down because of my movement.

"Taylor let you in?" I asked looking Niall in the eyes.

"Nope, I used the spare key in the flower pot on your porch and came in." Niall laughed.

I shook my head, a small laugh escaping my lips "How did you know about that spare key?"

"Taylor told me about it, in case I wanted to come over and you two were asleep."

It grew quite before I spoke.

"Where's Taylor?" I asked.

"Where do you think she is?" Niall asked me, his voice teasing.

Well, Taylor wouldn't go to the mall without me, she's not at school because Uni hasn't even started yet, she wouldn't go grocery shopping because I always did that, she-

Crap.

She was at work. Work. I was supposed to back to work today as well. I let out a groan before looking at the clock hanging in the living room. It was around 1 in the afternoon, meaning I was late as hell for my shift.

"Sh*t." I cursed. My boss would kill me since I promised that I would be back to work today.

"I need to go to work, unless they decided to fire me." I huffed, turning around. Immediately Niall grabbed one of my wrists.

I turned back to look at him, and saw a smirk clear as day on his face.

"I already took care of it." He stated.

"How-"

"Well, I went to your work first to see if you were there. I bumped into your boss and asked for you, but he stated that you hadn't come in. He was clearly pissed, so I made up an excuse. I told him that your flight had gotten delayed. He then asked if I already knew that your flight was delayed, then why was I asking for you. I told him that I didn't know when you would be back, so I was just checking if you came back already. He said it was fine, but to make sure your back at work on Monday. Since tomorrow is Sunday and I'm guessing you have Sunday off?"

Niall said in a long breath letting go of my wrist.

I let out a small laugh "Thanks for the cover story."