Chapter 1

"Izzie, get down. We're leaving in 10 minutes."

I sighed at the loud, harsh voice of my mom echoing through the hallway. I closed my suitcase and slowly made my way downstairs.

"I'm ready." I said without paying much attention to her. I was still upset that she was going to send me away to some boarding school in England. It felt like she had given up on me rather than trying to help me. I was very much aware that I'm a rebellious teen, but it would've been nice if there was someone out there who would just try to figure me out instead of sending me away when things got rough.

Although I was upset with my mom I couldn't really blame her. I was failing all my classes, not because I'm dumb, I just never cared to show up for any of them. I wasn't necessarily aggressive like most people expect from me, I just didn't care about myself to try to do good. All I really did was party, drink way too much, get high and sleep most of my days. I was depressed, but my mom just thought i was this monster of a daughter that needed discipline, so off to boarding school I go.

I hadn't tried to fight her when she announced to me that she was sending me away. I didn't care. I just looked at it as a getaway from home. A much needed break. Leaving my girlfriend was the hardest part. I loved being with her and that suddenly got taken away from me. We decided to break up before I went to England. It was for the better. "If we're meant to be, we will find our ways back to each other." Is what she told me, and maybe she was right. We'll find each other again when I get back but for now I needed to let her go to work on myself.

"Sweetie, get in the car. We're leaving." The sudden sound of her voice brought me back to reality. I tried to give her a smile as I followed her to the car.

"Are you ready, Iz?" She asked me. I quietly nodded. "Sure am."

"It's for your best interest baby. Trust me." She put her hand on my thigh.

"Yes, I know mom."

I felt bad for her. As a single mom raising two kids it must have been hard on her. She did a good job, she really did, life just seemed to be hard on us all.

After a 20 minute drive we arrived at the airport. I got out of the car and got my suitcases from the trunk.

"Promise me you'll call me as much as possible?" My mom asked me with tears in her eyes. As upset as I was, I couldn't find it in my heart to be mean to her. Not right now.

"I will mom. I promise." I gave her a kiss on her cheek. She pulled me in tight for a hug. "Please, try for me. I want the best for you, you know that right?"

"I know mom." I sighed and pulled away from her embrace. "I've got to go now. I'll call you when I land, okay?"

"Okay sweetie. Safe flight. I love you."

"I love you too, mom."

I waved her goodbye and quickly made my way inside the building, not looking over my shoulder as it would break me to see my mom standing there.

"Where are you going to, pretty girl?" A guy behind me asked me. I rolled my eyes before turning around to face him. "England." I said, trying not to sound rude.

"Oh really, where in England?"

"Swindon."

"The odds might be in our favor, I'm going there too." He gave me a smirk.

"It's merely a coincidence, but sure." I said. "Why are you going to Swindon?"

"Visiting family." He replied. "What about you, beautiful?"

I cringed at the names he was calling me. "Same, I'm visiting friends." He opened his mouth to reply but I quickly cut him off. "I need to go, I'm in a hurry. See ya." I grabbed my stuff and quickly walked away from him. I didn't have it in me to continue talking to him.