Chapter 15

"Thank you so much for dinner, Iz! And the necklaces they're so cute I love them so much." Allie squealed out of excitement.

I smiled and formed a little heart with my hands. "I hope you had a good birthday."

"I did." She said. "You sure know how to make up for your fuck ups."

"Stop!" I exclaimed. "I already feel bad enough."

She laughed while she put on her coat and wrapped her scarf around her neck. "Fine, I'll stop just because you paid for dinner."

I rolled my eyes. "You're a pain in my ass."

"You love it."

For Allie's birthday we went to an Italian place in the city. The food was absolutely delicious and the restaurant was very nicely decorated. We spent the past 2 hours chatting shit about everything and everyone while absolutely devouring our food. There were many moment where I considered telling her about Ms. Porter and my feelings towards her but I ended up staying quiet. I knew my feelings were one sided and it would be delusional to think that there might actually be something there. I didn't want to hear that confirmation by telling Allie. I'd rather spend a little longer stuck in my own delusion without someone else telling me what I already know.

"Julian?" I frowned. "What are you doing here?"

He laughed and pulled me in for a hug. "Hello to you too, Izzie."

"Get fucked." I giggled. "Since when are you in this class?"

"My teacher thinks I'm not functioning well enough in his class and he think if I attend Ms. Porter her classes I will behave better or some bullshit like that."

"Oi, such a bad boy you are." I replied.

He laughed and softly pushed my back. "Now you're stuck with me."

"Gladly so. Wanna sit together?"

"That would be an honor."

I rolled my eyes and signed to Chelsea that I was sitting next to Julian today. She nodded and sat down next to Yasmin, one of her other friends.

I caught a glimpse of Ms. Porter walking in but only looked at her for a split second before turning my attention back to Julian.

"So how is everything with you?" I asked him. "It's been a while since I saw you and you suck at texting."

"Everything is good. The people are really nice, most of them at least. How about you?"

"Good! Everything is fine. I met some really cool people so it's been good."

"Got a girlfriend yet?" Julian asked. "Since you didn't want me."

"Ohhh, fuck off." I said maybe a little too loud. "Even if I was straight you wouldn't stand a chance."

"Ouch, Iz! You're hurting my feelings." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "But no, no girlfriend for me."

"Give it some time, you're too pretty to be single."

"God, you're such a man." I said. "It's unbelievable."

"Izzie, quiet please." Ms. Porter called from across the room. I hadn't even noticed that class already started.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

After class I grabbed my stuff and made my way outside trying to avoid everyone. I didn't feel like being around people after class. I just wanted to get my book and read outside in the fresh air. It was peculiar how much I enjoyed being outside, even during the cold months. There was just something about being in nature. It made me feel at ease.