Chapter 14

"I'm sorry okay, Al. I really am."

"Yeah sure." Allie rolled her eyes.

After apologizing the whole night Allie seemed to stay mad and I didnt't blame her entirely. It was a shitty move of me to miss her birthday party. I should've thought it through more but I was caught up in the moment and there was nothing I could change now.

"Just let me make it up to you, please." I begged.

Allie turned around and faced me for the first time today. "I just really wonder what was so important for you to do to miss my birthday."

"I promise I didn't miss it on purpose, Allie. Ms. Porter called me into her office to talk about something and I kind of lost track of time."

"So our teacher is more important than your friends?" She scoffed.

I scratched my head, not sure if I had just completely fucked it up even more by saying that.

"It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"It's something personal, okay? She's been helping me with some things and for the first time in my life I have someone I can talk to about these things. She's been great and I know it's not an excuse that I missed your birthday but I genuinely didn't mean to."

She raised her eyebrows but I could see her expression soften. "I'm still upset you missed it but I forgive you. I'm just glad you're talking to someone, can't have you killing yourself now can I?" She joked.

I laughed and stretched out my arms. "Hug?"

She rolled her eyes but gave in and softly fell into my arms. "I can't stay mad at you."

"Good, because I want to take you out for dinner as an apology."

"You don't have to." Allie said.

"Shut up. I want to. Is next wednesday okay?"

"Wednesday is okay." She smiled as she hugged me tightly.

I laughed and sighed out of relief. I couldn't bare her being mad at me.

I woke up in the middle of the night with sweat dripping from my forehead. Another nightmare that didn't allow me to get some rest. I sat up straight, too afraid to go back to sleep. I was well aware that nightmares weren't real but at times it seemed more real than it should be.

I grabbed my phone from underneath my pillow. I had a few missed calls from my mom and several texts from my friends back home but I couldn't be bothered to reply. I felt so detached from home, it felt like there was no room for me there anymore.

I looked over to Allie to see if she was awake but unfortunately she was dead asleep so I texted Chelsea and Hazel to see if anyone was up. I even texted Julian to see if he was still awake but I doubted if anyone was awake past 2am.

I waited for about 10 minutes but no one replied and I needed to get out of this room. I needed to get some fresh air.

I walked out of my room and quietly closed the door trying not to wake anyone. I made my way to the end of the hall when I passed Ms. Porters room and the worst idea I ever had popped up in my head.

Without thinking twice about it I knocked on her door. One loud knock and one too quiet for her to hear as I realized that it was extremely out of pocket for me to knock on her door after 2am. I panicked a little and tried to walk away as fast as possible but before I could disappear around the corner I heard a door open.

I stood still for a moment not sure how to talk myself out of this. I could only imagine how pissed she would be.

"Did you just knock on my door?" She said loud enough for me to hear.