Chapter 28

When I arrived in England, I saw it as a chance to start fresh. I wanted to improve myself, connect with new people, and come back home as a better version of myself. But instead, it became a living nightmare. The suffocating feeling of being trapped and alone consumed me. Allie, Hazel, and Chelsea had been wonderful, I even felt disconnected from them. I knew it was due to my own state of mind, but sometimes I just wished I had someone else to blame for the way life always seemed to bring me down.

I sat on the edge of the bed, staring blankly at the wall in front of me. My mind was a mess of thoughts, swirling around like a whirlpool, pulling me down deeper and deeper into a pit of hopelessness.

I couldn't breathe. The weight of everything that had happened was suffocating me, crushing me under its unbearable heaviness. I felt like I was drowning, and no matter how hard I fought, I couldn't break free.

I tried to remember a time when things had been better, when I had felt happy and hopeful. But my mind was consumed by the memories of the past few months, the trauma and the pain that had shattered my world into a million pieces.

I felt like I had lost myself, like I was nothing but a shell of the person I used to be. And I didn't know if I would ever be able to find my way back.

Tears streamed down my face as I sat there, lost in my own despair. I didn't know how to ask for help, didn't know who to turn to. I felt like I was alone in my suffering, like no one could possibly understand the depth of my hopelessness.

I wanted to scream, to lash out at the world for the injustice of it all. But my voice was hoarse from crying, and I knew that it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

So, I sat there, in the silence of my own thoughts, drowning in my own hopelessness. And I didn't know how to break free. My mind was a never-ending loop of painful memories, each one more vivid and torturous than the last. I couldn't escape them, no matter how hard I tried. They were always there, lurking in the corners of my mind, waiting to drag me back down into the darkness, and with that I fell asleep, allowing my body to fall further into that black hole.

As I slowly woke up, I felt disoriented, as though I had slept for a long time. When I opened my eyes, I realized it was light outside, but the sun was already setting, casting an orange glow across the room. With a groan, I pulled myself out of bed, my face still swollen from the tears I had shed the previous night. However, I felt a bit better now that I had let it all out. It was cathartic in a way, though the pain was still present.

There was a certain sense of comfort that came with waking up in complete solitude, with nobody around to judge me or remind me of the bad memories I had associated with the school. For the first time in a long time, I felt at peace, in the best way that I could.

As I reached for my phone, my heart dropped when I saw the amount of missed calls and messages I had. Most of them were from Allie, Hazel, Chelsea, and a few from an unknown number. I quickly sent a message to the group chat, letting them know where I was and that I just needed some time alone.

Feeling like I needed to disconnect, I turned off my phone and headed to the bathroom for a long, hot shower. The warm water washing over me provided a certain sense of relief, as if it was washing away the pain and sadness that had been weighing me down.

When I finally got out of the shower, I hesitantly turned on my phone, not wanting to see what awaited me. As I expected, there were several missed calls and messages, but as soon as I turned my phone back on a call came in from a number I didn't recognise. I hesitated to answer, but with the thought that it might be the school and I didn't want to end up on the news as a missing persons case I answered.