Chapter 11

TW:// this chapter might be triggering to some. it contains mentions of abuse. please do not read if that's triggering to you and be careful <3 ily

It was 1am and I was out of my mind drunk. Everyone had gotten to bed already and the school was quiet. Allie had passed out in seconds and was sound asleep while I was stumbling through the hallways.

My mind was a mess, just like it always was after drinking. Whenever the night was over I'd get sad. Too drunk to sleep, too drunk to think clearly. I'd think about my dad. How I missed him. How I wished he was dead. I didn't even know what I felt.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss between me and Chelsea. What did it mean? Did it even mean anything? Why did I think about Ms. Porter while kissing her? It felt so wrong.

I grabbed my head with both my hands and groaned. I was so tired of myself sometimes. I tried to squat down but as my brain wasn't really working with me I fell over. A loud thud echoed through the hallway as my body hit the floor.

"Ouch." I groaned. I tried to get up without falling down again but eventually just decided to sit down for a bit.

In the midst of me sitting down in the hallway wallowing in self pity I hadn't noticed the door next to me opening.

"Izzie?" Ms. Porter asked.

"Yes ma'am." I slurred my words. Out of all the people in the world it had to be her opening the damned door. It's like the universe had something against me.

"Why are you on the floor?"

"Chelsea kissed me."

"What?"

"Chelsea kissed me." I repeated. "Or I kissed her. I don't know. We kissed."

"And that's why you're on the floor?"

"I'm drunk." I tried to stand up.

"Ho, ho." Ms. Porter said. She took my hands and pulled me up from the floor. "Let's get you some water."

I followed her inside the room without trying to fight it. As I walked inside I realized I was in her room. In her personal space. It felt intimate, like I shouldn't be there, but she didn't seem to mind. She poured me a glass of water and handed it to me.

"Drink up." She ordered.

I did as she said and drank some of the water before putting the cup down.

"All of it."

"Yes ma'am." I said, a little taken aback.

"That's better. Now, do you want to tell me why you were drinking? You know that's not allowed."

"I know that."

"So why did you?"

"Just because."

"Just because?" She said. "Look at you, Izzie. You are past the point of being drunk, you are wasted. You can barely walk or talk. You're a mess. Why did you do that to yourself?"

"I just—" I couldn't even finish my sentence. I started to choke up and I tried to fight it but I could feel tears falling down my cheek.

"Hey, hey, what's going on darling?" Her face filled with worry. "I didn't mean to upset you with my comment."

I didn't know what to say. Her comment didn't upset me it just triggered something inside of me that I couldn't quite explain. I wanted to say something back but before I could even get the words out I started sobbing.