Chapter 22

Ms. Porter POV

I fought. I fought hard to avoid her. I fought hard not to kiss her. I closed my eyes and tried to think of all the reasons why I shouldn't. There were so many but I couldn't think of one strong enough to stop me from kissing her. My mind went blank in that very moment. My racing thoughts stopped and filled itself with only the desire to kiss her, so when she did I couldn't stop myself from kissing her back. I had to eventually pull away even though my lips were so drawn to hers like two magnets. It was wrong. It was and I needed to get out of there before I let myself go and make a mistake that was irreversible.

I had wished that something that felt so good wasn't so wrong, but I guess life has its own personal vendetta against me.

But I was tipsy and I found myself standing in front of her door past 3am. I just needed to check up on her. That's all. It couldn't be more than that.

Izzie's POV

It was past 3am and I had been in my dorm, unable to sleep. My mind filled with the woman that had been on my mind for the past few months. The woman who after months of pining after her surprisingly so kissed me back. I couldn't think of anything else.

A knock on my door rattled me. I didn't want to assume it was Adrianna but there was literally almost no one else it could be, especially not at this hour.

I opened the door and unsurprisingly it was her standing at my door as if we never left the comfort of each others lips.

"Hi." She just said. She didn't say anything else and just stood there.

"Hi." I just said back. "What's up?" I tried to remain calm, not wanting to be the first one to bring up our kiss from barely an hour ago.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Sure, go ahead. Welcome to my crib." I joked.

She chuckled and stepped inside my room. I could tell she felt a little awkward. She was acting different but I couldn't blame her.

"Nice room." She said.

I laughed. "Oh come on, don't act like you've never been in here."

"Sorry" She giggled.

"So, what's up?" I asked her again.

"I just wanted to check up on you, after... you know." She swallowed. "I'm so sorry, I crossed a line tonight and I feel terrible."

I was silent. I wasn't sure what to say. I wanted to yell out how much I liked her. How strong my feelings for her were, but I didn't want to make a fool out of myself. Even though we kissed, and I initiated said kiss, telling her I had feelings for her was different. It was more real. Once those words would leave my mouth there was no way back and that thought was scarier to me than anything else. A kiss can be emotionless, feelings can't.

"Do I look I regretted anything?" I chuckled.

"You might." She spoke. "It shouldn't have happened."

I was quiet for a second. I wasn't sure how to respond. It hurt to hear those words. It hurt to hear how she regretted our kiss even though it had been one of the most special moments of my life.

"Is that really how you feel?" I eventually asked.

She didn't reply. Instead she stared at the blank wall and let the silence fill up the room. I couldn't stand it. Not now.

"Do you regret it?" I tried again.

She still didn't say anything but her gaze turned back to me.

"I shouldn't answer that." She finally spoke.