Chapter 13

"Happy birthday!" I woke up Allie with my screeching morning voice. Her hair was still messy from her sleep. She sat up straight and rubbed her eyes.

"Thank you." She smiled. "What a way to wake up."

"Thought I'd surprised you by finally being awake before you."

She laughed. "I'm definitely surprised."

Hidden behind my back I had a little cupcake with a candle on it. I gently moved it infront of me.

"Make a wish." I exclaimed.

She smiled and closed her eyes before blowing out the candle. "Thank you, Iz. This is so nice." She jumped out of bed to hug me.

I grinned and hugged her back.

"Now get out of those pyjama's, unfortunately we still have school on your big day."

Allie groaned and walked to the bathroom. "That's just homophobic."

School dragged on slowly. No one really seemed to pay attention and everything was chaotic. Allie and I just spent most of the time talking while the teachers were trying to make everyone pay attention.

Our last class was from Ms. Porter. I wasn't too excited. I needed to get over her but everytime I saw her I was back to square one.

She looked absolutely stunning again today. Her smile always bright and her cat like eyes so intimidating. She talked for 50 minutes but I didn't hear a word, but I could recall every movement her lips made.

Class was over and I was ready to leave after staring at Ms. Porter for an unhealthy amount of time. I felt stupid as the things George had said kept replaying in my head.

I grabbed my bags and made my way to the door, but before I could leave I felt a hand on my shoulder that made me stop and turn around.

"Can I steal you for a few minutes?" Ms. Porter stood there awaiting for my answer.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No." She laughed. "I just wanted to talk to you about some things."

"Oh." I replied. "I'm kind of in a hurry, I need to buy a present for Allie."

"Oh, of course." She smiled. "How about after? You can just come to my office."

"Sure. That's fine. I'll come by later."

"See you, Izzie." She said.

"Bye, miss." I replied and walked away.

I tried to keep a straight face while talking to her but I couldn't help but smile a little bit when I walked out of her classroom. Talking to her made me happy and no matter how hard I tried to stay away from her I felt like that feeling would never go away.

After spending an hour or two in town I found the perfect birthday gift for Allie. I had bought her two of her favorite books and I got her and myself matching necklaces. One with a moon pendant and one with the sun. She'd always joke how we were so different but still complemented each other like the sun and the moon did, so I thought it was a cute idea.

For her birthday she wanted to sneak out with me, Hazel and Chelsea to do a late night picnic at the park. We had all bought some wine, snacks and candles and I was really excited to spend some time with them. I was a little nervous as I hadn't really talked to Chelsea yet, but I figured it would be fine.

When I got back to the school I still had an hour left before we would hang out at 8pm, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a stop at Ms. Porters office as she had told me she wanted to talk to me.