Chapter 7

It was 4:30am when a phone call had woken me up. I rubbed my eyes and slowly turned around to see who was calling me. Of course it was my mother. She must have forgotten that I'm in a different time zone. Irritated by the fact that I had woken up I stood up and grabbed my phone to take the call somewhere else. I didn't want to wake Allie who didn't seem to have woken up by my mother calling me so early in the morning.

When I reached the end of the hall I could answer the phone without bothering anyone but I had already missed her call. I sat down on the stairs and called her back.

"Hi sweetie, how are you?"

"Really mom?" I replied. "It's almost 5 in the morning here."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I forgot."

"I figured." I mumbled. "But what's up? I'm awake now anyway."

"I was just wondering how you were doing." She said.

"I'm alright. How is everything at home?"

"It's been good." She said. "I miss you. Have you made any friends yet?"

"Yes there are a few girls I hang out with. They're really nice. My roommate is really cool, we hang out all the time." I said.

"I'm so glad to hear that darling. I'm so happy to hear you're giving this a chance."

"Yea yea." I replied. "Mom it's late, I really want to go back to sleep, is there anything else?"

"Well, there's just one thing I've been wanting to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

"It's about your dad."

Her words hit like a truck and I didn't know how to react. My mind went blank and for a split second so did my view. Dad. I hadn't heard about him for years.

"No." I firmly said while my eyes filled themselves with tears.

"Please let me talk." My mom replied.

"No. I don't ever want to talk about him ever again." I tried to keep my tears from falling down. Nothing seemed to make me cry but just one mention of him and my tears started falling down like rain.

"Just listen Izzie. He is your father after all."

"No. That man is not my father."

"Come on Iz, I've been seeing him recen—"

"You've been seeing him??" I practically yelled through the phone.

"Just a few times." She said.

"Oh." I scoffed. "A few times and you didn't bother to tell me?"

"I knew how you'd react."

I wiped the tears off my face. "Then why even bother telling me now?" I spat back.

"He's been asking about you."

I froze. A loud ringing infiltrated my ears. An immense amount of anger rose up in me while I was fighting back the tears. I wanted to say something but nothing seemed to come out.

"He's been wanting to make things right with you Iz. Maybe it's time to forget about the past and make things right. He has changed. I gave him your email address. You should give him a chance." My mom continued.

"You did what?" I now yelled through the phone, not caring anymore if I woke someone up. "I can't believe you. After everything he has put us through. After everything he put me through you think I should just forgive him? Give him another chance? You are insane."