Chapter 6

My first two weeks of boarding school had passed and just like Chelsea said, I had gotten used to it. The strict rules and constantly being surrounded by people I barely knew became my new normal and I felt like I had somewhat found my place within these walls. Every morning I woke up, got ready and went down to breakfast. I made sure to be on time for class and behaved like expected from me. After school I hung out with my friends a little before heading to dinner and I spend the evenings either watching my favorite tv show or secretly hanging out outside with Hazel, Allie and Chelsea to drink, smoke and talk shit.

Everything seemed to be going alright, and for the most part that was true. It was true except for the part where I would wake up almost every night dripping in sweat from the nightmares I had.

I've been having nightmares for years. It's where life keeps taunting me in moments where I'm not even conscious. It's something I had gotten used to but since I had moved here it had a different effect on me. The nightmares seemed to be more realistic somehow. That's what it felt like at least. I had found myself wandering around the school building in the middle of the night trying to clear my mind after a nightmare, but it seemed to have the opposite effect, yet I still kept doing it.

It was a friday morning and I had been having trouble focusing on anything the teacher said. I only slept for a few hours and the day seemed to go by slowly. I looked down at my phone to check the time. I rolled my eyes at the big white numbers that displayed on my screen. How was it only 10 in the morning?

"Psssh." I poked Allie, trying to get her attention.

"What?" She replied slightly irritated. We both didn't get a lot of sleep last night and it was apparent in both of us.

"Jesus Al, good morning to you too." I joked.

She rolled her eyes slightly. "What do you want woman."

"Hypothetically speaking, what if we went to the school nurse after this class and both say we're sick so we can watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians together?" I whispered.

Allie raised an eyebrow. "And how do you think we're gonna convince the nurse that we're both sick? Hypothetically speaking of course."

I grinned. "We'll just say we ate something bad yesterday and we're not feeling well."

"I don't think she will believe us, Iz."

"Come onnnn." I exclaimed. "We can try! Don't you want to lay in bed rather than be stuck in school for another 5 hours?"

"Obviously, but I'm such a bad liar!" Allie said.

"Let me do the talking. Okay?"

Allie was quiet for a second, thinking about what she wanted to do. She shook her head. "Alright alright, but this better work otherwise we'll just embarrass ourselves."

"I promise." I grinned.

After 15 minutes the bell rang and I quickly grabbed all my stuff. I waited for Allie to be done before dragging her with me to the nurse.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Allie nervously said while stumbling around trying to follow me.

"Just look sad and don't say anything. I got this."

"I'm gonna be sick." Allie said.

"Good, keep that in mind while we talk to the nurse."

"Ha ha, you're funny."

We reached the nurse's office and I knocked on the door while Allie stood behind me.

"Come in!" A voice behind the door called out.