Chapter 16

It was a friday night and Allie was gone for the weekend so I had the place to myself for the upcoming days. I loved Allie with my whole heart but I was excited to finally have some me time.

After ignoring my moms phone calls for a week I finally decided to answer the phone as it had been ringing for the past 5 minutes. I couldn't be bothered to talk to her as she still got on my nerves but I'd rather just get it over with.

"Yes mother?" I replied, not trying to hide the fact that I was annoyed.

I heard some mumbling and faint noises in the background before I heard a voice through the phone that I hadn't heard in a while but would never forget.

"Hello Izzie?"

I could physically feel my heart drop to my stomach and my whole body froze. I just stood there, not able to say a word. My ears started ringing and for a short moment I couldn't hear anything.

"Sweetie, it's your father."

I started to shake. I didn't know if it was out of anger or fear but I wanted to throw my phone against the wall and never touch it ever again.

With trouble I finally got some words out. "I do not want to speak to you. Please don't ever call me again."

"Please-" I heard coming from the phone but before he could finish his sentence I hung up and without thinking twice about it I threw my phone across the room.

I just stood there. I didn't know what to do, or where to turn to. My hands were shaking and I felt hopelessness sink in. Tears of both rage and despair filled my eyes. It felt like my world came crashing down. I couldn't handle hearing his voice. I didn't ever want to hear him say my name again. Never.

I felt disgusting. I felt like that little kid again that would jump at her dads voice. I couldn't take it. I didn't want to go back to that place.

I didn't feel it when I fell to my knees. All I could feel was a sharp pain in my chest and a throbbing feeling in my throat. I didn't even notice that I was crying so hard my head was pounding.

I didn't leave my bed at all today. The energy I used to have was sucked out of me and all I seemed to be able to do was lay in bed and sleep as much as possible to avoid being alone with my thoughts for too long. My phone was completely shattered and was no use. I kinda regretted throwing it against the wall but I couldn't care too much right now. There wasn't anyone on that phone I wanted to talk to anyway, not right now at least.

I couldn't believe that my mom would put me through this. She knew how much he had hurt me, how much I hated him and still she let him call me even after I told her multiple times that I don't want anything to do with him. She changed so much since he came back into her life. I didn't recognize her anymore and I didn't want to know her like this.

Nobody understood how badly it affected me whenever my dad was brought up in a conversation. The memories that would pop up in my head whenever I heard his name. The pain that came along with it. I didn't even know what hearing his voice would do to me. I didn't know because I went years without hearing it. I hadn't seen or heard from him in years, so when I so unexpectedly heard him say my name I broke. It was as if his voice brought back so many memories, so much pain. At times I even thought I could smell him. That God awful smell.

I heard knocking on the door but I couldn't be bothered to answer so I ignored it. A second knock came that annoyed the living shit out of me.

"No, not now." I yelled.

"Izzie?" A voice I recognized to be Chelsea's spoke.

"Not now, please." I lowered my voice trying not to sound as rude as I just did.