Chapter 3

A sudden loud noise woke me up from my sleep. I rubbed my eyes, confused as to where I was, what time it was, and what the hell woke me up.

I didn't take long for me to figure out what had woken me up. A short, blonde girl I didn't recognize stood in front of the door eyeing me.

"Hello?" I just asked. Confused as to who she was and what she was doing here. I didn't know what else to say after having an awkward silence between the two of us.

"Sorry to wake you." The girl said. "I'm Allie, your roommate."

"Oh." I scratched my head. I slowly sat down on the bed to get a better look at my roommate. "I normally make better first impressions, but I didn't know you were coming back so early." I tried to laugh it off.

"You're fine." She chuckled. "What's your name?"

"Izzie."

"Well, then it's nice to meet you Izzie, and it's 2 pm, I personally wouldn't call that early." She joked.

I shot up from my position. "2 pm? Are you sure?" I exclaimed.

"One hundred percent sure."

"Fuck." I quickly got out of bed and threw some different clothes on. I had a feeling ms. Porter was going to skin me alive for not showing up.

"What's up? Did you forget something?" Allie asked me while she was unpacking her suitcase.

"Yea." I groaned. "Ms. Porter wanted to speak with me at 10am, but I didn't think my nap was gonna turn into a full 20 hours of sleep."

"Ah, you better hurry, she doesn't play around."

"I figured." I mumbled. I quickly put my hair in a high ponytail and sprayed some perfume on myself. "I better get going, hopefully she's still here somewhere. I'll see you in a bit."

"Goodluck." Allie replied. "See you later."

I practically ran out the door and hurried to ms. Porter her office. I didn't remember exactly where her office was but luckily the name tags on the doors gave it away.

I nervously knocked on her door. I didn't even know why I was so nervous considering I had been an absolute bitch yesterday, and that didn't seem to bother me.

I waited for a good minute before accepting my defeat. She wasn't there anymore, which didn't come as a surprise taking in account we had an appointment 4 hours ago. I thought about leaving a note for her, maybe write down some sort of apology, but I decided against it and turned around to walk back to my room.

"Look who decided to show up 4 hours too late." A voice behind me said.

I turned around, embarrassment showing all over my face. "At least I showed up." I tried to joke but she didn't seem amused.

"When I say don't be late I mean it."

"I'm sorry." I said. I genuinely was sorry.

She didn't acknowledge my apology whatsoever and ordered me back to her office. I walked behind her like a lost little puppy and waited until she opened the door to her office.

I looked at the room presented in front of me. It was decorated entirely different than what I would've expected. It wasn't old and harry potter ish like the rest of the school was. It was modern, minimalistic even. The room wasn't decorated a lot, but it was nicely done and had posters on the wall. The only thing that really seemed to fill up the room was the big bookcase filled with what seemed like millions of books in different sizes and colors. From afar they didn't look like school books, but actual reading books. I was quite impressed.