1. A Long Road Ahead.

Jon's POV:

"Jon! I cannot keep doing this.. I get it, you wanna stay together for Maggie's sake but shit, there's only so much I can take," My girlfriend exclaimed to me.

She was so fucking livid and I don't know why. I literally just got home from a show I had done in my home state of Georgia. I can't help that the way I provide for all three of us requires me going out of town and state. Hell, she knew that before we even had our daughter so I don't know why she's making it such a big deal now.

"Babe, please don't say what I think you're about to say, please.. I just got back home, we don't have to do this," I huffed as I heard faint crying coming from upstairs.

She soon stayed silent and went to go and sit down on the couch. I decided it would be best for me and her to just be away for a moment and then try talking things out. So with that, I decided to go upstairs and see why our daughter, Magnolia, was crying. That poor baby, maybe she overheard us arguing. She's only a few weeks old and man, do I love her so much already? I never knew I could love a human as much as I do with her.

I fumbled my way up the staircase and opened the door to her nursery. I walked in and all the memories of me and my girlfriend just starting out with planning the nursery and everything else started piling up in my mind. It was almost too much for me to deal with. But I pushed through it anyway. I had to. Not only for my sake but for Maggie's too. I don't want to cry in front of her- especially if she too, is crying.

"Hey, sweet angel. Why on ever Earth are you cryin'? It's goin' to be okay, bug," I muttered to her softly.

I began to look around for her pacifier and ended up finding it on the changing table, thank heavens. I don't know if she wanted it, but I plopped it in her mouth anyway. For some babies, a pacifier is all it takes to soothe them... And Maggie is one of those babies, ha.

"Be calm, my sweet Magnolia.. I don't know what's happening with me and Momma, but all I know is that no matter what happens between me and her, we both will love you so much. You aren't and never will be the problem," I whispered quietly, rubbing her cheek with my thumb, tears streaming down my face.

She carefully grabbed ahold of my thumb and I cracked a very small smile. Magnolia, man... She is the only thing that has kept me holding on this long. Knowing that I was going to bet a father to a little girl, I automatically knew that I was going to protect her and keep her safe from everything bad that's in the world- no matter what.

"Everything's all okay, sweet pea, Daddy will see you bright and early in the morning... I love you, baby girl," I kissed the top of Magnolia's head and placed her back in her crib where she had finally started to fall back asleep.

Once she was back asleep, I walked down the stairs and got greeted by Sonia, who had a bit of a displeased look plastered across her face. I didn't try to think too much of it. It's been a long night, we'll talk it over and sleep it all off. That might be our best bet, no?

"Finally, you're back! We need to finish up the conversation we were having." After she said that, I took a seat on the loveseat and looked over at my girlfriend, remembering all of the good times we have endured the past couple of years together.

So we met at a birthday party of one of my friends, it was held at some bar here in Nashville. We hit it off pretty great and ultimately started dating! But things had gotten rocky, so we broke things off for a while and then not much longer after the split, we had gotten back together. Earlier this year, she fell pregnant with our daughter and gave birth to her back in October.