5. Ain't No Party Like A Nashville Party.

Jon's POV:

I was busy getting ready for the New Year's party that me and my friends were throwing at Jason Aldean's bar, aka the party that I invited Danielle to come to. I sure hope she'll be able to make it in time. Last update she had texted me, she said she was in Ringgold, up in Georgia, which is actually really close to Chattanooga.

I dropped off Magnolia at my parents' house. Thankfully they were okay with watching after Mags for a bit. She sure does love the heck out of my dad and mom. That makes me very happy. My brother, Andrew and his wife, Loren are absolutely head over heels in love with Magnolia, just like how they are with their son, Brooks. And obviously, my other and youngest brother, Stephen loves her too.

Ahh, I remember when Maggie was first born. Andrew brought his son over, and Brooks was so loving to his cousin. That makes me super happy that my whole family loves my daughter. I was mainly scared that my family wouldn't accept me because me and Maggie's mom weren't married at the time when Magnolia was born.

I stared down at my wrist watch, the time being 4:30 in the afternoon. The time I wanted everyone to start getting here is about seven-ish in the evening, or even a bit later or earlier, whichever works best with them. I was just excited to crush and drink some beers, hang out with some of my close buddies, and even see and talk to Dani, of course.

Even though it's been a little over a week since I had last saw Danielle in person, I sure do miss her company. She's easy to talk to, easy to laugh with, and not too bad on the eyes, either. But I wouldn't say that out loud or anything like that.

As I was thinking of Dani, I had gotten a phone call. Speak of the damn devil, it was her calling! We've been talking a lot more since we met at the Four Wheel Drive show a couple of weeks ago, and after we went out for coffee the morning after.

I giddily accepted the phone call offer and she started to speak on the other end of the line, "Hey, Langston. I hear there's a cool party going to be going down soon on Broadway at Jason Aldean's bar. Actually, I think the planner is mighty fine."

I couldn't help but laugh. We exchange some flirtatious texts and words sometimes. But it's obviously harmless and subtle. I don't know if she picks up on my suggestive comments, but I damn sure pick up on hers, that's for sure.

"Lewinsky, howdy. And you're too sweet, I hope this party goes according to plan. Also, you won't be seeing Maggie today, because obviously she's an infant and she can't go in the bar. But maybe you can swing by tomorrow and see her, if you are staying in town for a bit," I suggested.

"That'd be perfect! She's such a doll, she's so lucky to have you as a daddy, you know?" Danielle asked, the sound of tires screeching in the background.

"Nah, I'm the luckiest man in the world being that baby's daddy. Magnolia means the world to me and I'll be fucking damned if anyone ever hurts her. Her momma, who's fucking bitter by the way, left her and I by ourselves. Like she didn't even want to have anything to do with Maggie anymore," I ranted. "Sorry for cussing, but that's the only way I know how to express my anger. It happened toward the end of November, so that wound is fresh and sore. Very sore, at that."

"Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that. I think you told me something about that when we were at the Roxy. That's so messed up on her behalf. I won't lie, she's pretty, though. While I was looking through your Instagram the other night, I saw a picture when you both first had Maggie Mae- it was the picture that had just you and Mags in it. The way you looked at her.. The love you have in your eyes, it's an indescribable yet beautiful thing," Danielle started to sniffle as she was telling her story.