16. You Can't Take Back Words.

Danielle's POV:

"Wow, Dani! You are a bitch! Why would you do that? Better yet, why would you do that to a famous person? That's the lowest of the low that you could go!" Jessi shrieked over the phone while I was just both sighing and crying at the same time.

Yeah, I felt like a big bitch. There were some things I shouldn't have said to Jon that I did, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles, I suppose. It wasn't meant to come out all mean and rude-like, even if it seemed to be that way.

"Shut up, Jessi! I did some things I wasn't proud of. It isn't my fault, per se. I just... I may have said some things that probably should've stayed in the back of my mind," I awkwardly tried to defend myself.

"What in the actual hell did you say to him, Dani?" Jessi pried to get some sort of answer out of me.

It wasn't like I didn't want to tell her, but it's the fact that it's so super embarrassing and wrong on what I had did back on Valentine's Day. Me and Madison both knew that pointless, stupid holiday was going to be hard on Jon because of his ex dipping out on him recently at that point then. But the first thing I decide to do is hurt his feelings by judging him on his life choices; how low could I have ever gone for a guy? The lowest of lows, apparently.

"Well, since you're so nosy and whatnot, how about you come over and we just talk things over a glass of wine? Work was long and rough today. The door's unlocked if or when you come by," I replied coldly, picking at the loose string of my ripped jeans.

"Sounds awesome to me, chica. See you in about fifteen minutes. And don't you dare drink all the wine before I get there!"

Jessi soon hung up our long-lived phone call, and then it was now me all by myself to tend to my feelings. I know that talking about it with someone would help elevate the pain, however, it's a lot more complicated than that. Sadly, I'm not an open book. I have flaws, I make mistakes. I just wish I wasn't so stupid back then. That was the poorest life choice I have possibly ever made.

Sighing softly, I had unlocked my phone to see that J was still in my contacts. In fact, there's no way that I'd ever erase his contact information or the texts we exchanged before that one drama went down. It's been almost a month since it had happened, it definitely makes me wonder if he's still mad at me. It's probably still fresh on his mind, but who knows?

My emotions took over and I pressed the call button. Fuck, what if he actually replies?! What will I say then? I just want to give him a sincere apology since it's been a little bit since the thing happened between us both.

Then my worst nightmares at that very moment came true; he answered the call! Well, he must not be too pissed at me if he's answering back my phone call, right...?

"Hello, who is it?" Jon asked on the other end of the phone. It sounded like he had a smile on his face, judging by the sound of his voice.

Then it hit me; why did he ask who was calling? Did he get rid of my number? Ouch, that's low-key painful if that is the case.

"C'mon, you know exactly who this is! Danielle Lewinsky, duh," I answered back nonchalantly as there was a huff coming from him over the phone's speakers.

"Are you kidding me? Why are you callin' me, Danielle? You made it very fucking clear back on Valentine's Day that you truly don't care about me or my daughter. But anyway, do you need anything since you're callin' me at this time in the evening?"