19. You Give Me Butterflies.

Lana's POV:

I bit down on my nails while holding onto Maggie, both of us girls were just sitting in the living room- in the same exact place where J had saw us at before he left a few hours ago. Tonight is only the third night that Jon and his daughter have been here. They are amazing company, but he's supposed to be heading back home to Nashville soon. Like in four more days soon. It's going to sting a bit because I do enjoy them being here. However, I do respect him for having his daughter as his number one priority.

Honestly, not many dads are like that, which is the sad truth. Mine passed away a couple of years ago and damn I miss him more and more as the days pass on. What I wouldn't give just to watch one more golf game with that man. He loved Tiger Woods so much, so every time I watch golf and see that famous golfer, it only makes me miss my dad more.

Speaking of golf, that's what was currently playing on the tv- while I was busy watching Maggie for Jon. Honestly, I have no clue in hell on what he's doing or where he went. He just handed me his baby and told me he'd be back in a few hours. It's definitely got me curious. And it's kinda interesting that he trusts me enough to be in charge of his one and only baby; however, I'll admit that it does make me feel special, no doubt about that.

She started to whine and fuss here and there so I just took it upon myself to rummage around the little backpack diaper bag thing to see if there happened to be a back up pacifier as she lost the other one under the couch. Who knows where it's at now? My cats probably got to it at this point.

Lord, they somehow manage to get things from under the couch and play with it. Like I've accidentally dropped a pencil and it went way under there; next thing I know, my oldest cat, Ozzy is slinging around that pencil, haha.

My oldest cat is obviously named Ozzy, as stated before. He's a very fluffy, orange colored cat- the breed is a Persian, I think is what the vet told me, I just found him on the side of the road and soon took him in as my own. He just turned 4 years old last week. Then my youngest fur-baby, she's a girl and her name is Ophelia, I adopted her as a Christmas present to myself. She's a grey colored Scottish fold. She's more skittish than Ozzy, which is definitely shocking since the condition I found my first kitty in was bad. However, he is now perfectly safe and healthy with me!

After not even five minutes of rummaging through the messy diaper bag, I found a pacifier and carefully plopped it in her mouth, rocking her to sleep in my arms. I even sang her a little song as a lullaby. Even though the song isn't a "lullaby" type of song, it is soft beat and has beautiful lyrics, so that's all that matters in my book!

Magnolia started to calm down little by little, but she was still crying here and there so my thumb softly wiped away the tears that were on her face. That poor little thing, maybe she misses her daddy, that's probably all it is.

"Let's get you to sleep, Maggie Mae. Goodness, you look so much like your daddy it isn't even funny. I just know he's so proud of you, you're his biggest blessing.." I cooed softly to the seven month old. She definitely had her dad's eyes, for sure. And she had his smile too, aww! Too adorable!

I softly began singing Kacey Musgraves' song, Butterflies. It's one of my favorite songs ever, it's sweet, it's beautiful, and honestly, I've fallen asleep to the song a time or two, haha.

"I was just coastin', never really goin' anywhere.. Caught up in a web I was gettin' kinda used to stayin' there... Then out of the blue, I fell for you..."